Too much, too soon........

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
I started talking to a guy online last week......and in his 2 nd email , he said "let's meet", and I said--" Could we chat a bit first to see if we want to meet?" and he said that would be fine. So we ended up moving onto texting and all was fine--just basic getting to know someone kind of stuff. Then he told me I was beautiful, then that I had a pretty smile, then he said "good night sweetheart" (that was all on Saturday) then last night he said hi, and I was just about asleep so I didn't answer until this morning--he answers "good morning sex kitten"

I like compliments, but this is over the top, I think............what do you think? I am not sure how to even respond to the sex kitten comment so I just didn't respond....the other endearments I have ignored, and thanked him for the compliments.

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I started talking to a guy online last week......and in his 2 nd email , he said "let's meet", and I said--" Could we chat a bit first to see if we want to meet?" and he said that would be fine. So we ended up moving onto texting and all was fine--just basic getting to know someone kind of stuff. Then he told me I was beautiful, then that I had a pretty smile, then he said "good night sweetheart" (that was all on Saturday) then last night he said hi, and I was just about asleep so I didn't answer until this morning--he answers "good morning sex kitten"

I like compliments, but this is over the top, I think............what do you think? I am not sure how to even respond to the sex kitten comment so I just didn't respond....the other endearments I have ignored, and thanked him for the compliments.

The last comment would rub me the wrong way, but that is just me. Firstly he has never met you, and even seen if he was attracted in person so how can he say that? That's a deal breaker for me. Once I was texting with a guy, and I noticed he was actually active on my profile as we talked, jokingly I said 'how do I look?' he said 'f*ckable' UMMM NO!!!! Never met him, didn't think twice about it.

That being said, I think some men feel the need to compliment women alot. Why? I don't know... their own insecurities?
    I met a guy before New Years and every third thing out of his mouth was a compliment, it got to the point it made me uncomfortable and I asked him to stop, said it was getting to the point it was no longer 'effective' So he got negative instead. So I called it off, and he went all physco verbal diarrhea.

Assess how it makes you feel, trust that.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Next....

We do a lot of "hon, sweetheart, etc" around here in general talk. I try to watch how I use it when starting a relationship for fear of giving the wrong idea. However, if a guy calls me it, I know it's usually nothing. When they start going further than that or asking for "more pictures" before we meet, I cut ties.
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Next! Those type of guys give me the creeps.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I agree next... In my experience guys like that are after one thing.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Next! I would never want a guy I just met to call me sweetheart, let alone sex kitten. Ew!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

I'd ask him straight: 'what are you looking for?'

Or "how the hell do you know what kind of kitten I am; we've never met!" (although that does sound a bit uptight, but I'm in that kind of NO BS mood today!!! lol)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    We do a lot of "hon, sweetheart, etc" around here in general talk.

I dislike this too but I'm starting to let it go knowing it isn't meant rudely. But yeah, either ask straight up like Anna suggested or next. If you aren't comfortable this soon it likely won't get any better with this guy.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Ewww, "sex kitten" is not a compliment or term of endearment! When a guy says things like sweetie, honey etc my response is "my name is UrbanLotus" - if they aren't dumb, they get it. You need to move on from this one though, gross!
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Who calls someone "sex kitten"? The whole description strikes me as set up for a really unpleasant break up/possible stalker scene. It's hard to imagine how it could go right.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Next! Those type of guys give me the creeps.

^^^this! RUN
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I don't generally like terms of endearment, but I won't dismiss a guy for using "hon" or "sweetheart," especially when I lived in Shreveport, that's how the guys all talked.

Anything sexual though before we met... testing and desensitization... straight out of the players handbook. If you're looking for a relationship (vice ONS or NSA) then I'd recommend moving on.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    My response would have been "bwahahaha wtf? Sex kitten??"

Then watch him backpedal.

The only term of endearment that I don't like is when a non European calls me "love". Such a poser XD
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that not one man responded to this post.:wink:
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am going to speak from a guys standpoint.( I was in the middle of replying when the one above me said it's funny a guy hasn't responded)

I am guilty of saying sweety and sweetheart. Especially the good nite sweetheart. but I say that to my friends who are girls. That is how I see them. I don't see them as people I want to sleep with. Then again, I am usually pretty shy when it comes to actually asking a girl out and not just being a friend.

NOW- the good morning sex kitten. To me. He wanted to see your response and depending on the response, he probably would have pushed it for pictures and to meet for sex. I definitely do not approve of that.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    My response would have been "bwahahaha wtf? Sex kitten??"

Then watch him backpedal.

The only term of endearment that I don't like is when a non European calls me "love". Such a poser XD

That's what I did when the guy said I was f*ackable, he was back pedalling and FAST!!!! he probably fell off his bike and got ran over by a car.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I think that 'sex kitten' would be one of the sweetest, tamest little nicknames I would ever embrace.
  • christine24t
    Options
    I think that 'sex kitten' would be one of the sweetest, tamest little nicknames I would ever embrace.

Maybe once you actually meet the person....and haven't just started to talk to them.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Maybe once you actually meet the person....and haven't just started to talk to them.

Nope, you and I must be really different, cause I actually feel the opposite - us being strangers would make it cuter lol. I love those little names. good girl, sex kitten, sugar britches, puddin pop, lil pinup, *****cat, bunny, cupcake, peach. Seriously, calling a girl a peach is like calling a guy a banana LOL

edit: pussycat*
  • christine24t
    Options

Nope, you and I must be really different, cause I actually feel the opposite - us being strangers would make it cuter lol. I love those little names. good girl, sex kitten, sugar britches, puddin pop, lil pinup, *****cat, bunny, cupcake, peach. Seriously, calling a girl a peach is like calling a guy a banana LOL

edit: pussycat*

Well we are very different, because I would hate any of those nicknames. Even from my future husband! Haha