Public vs Private

Options
Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
Debated over this a few times......Interested in others opinions......On one hand I want to keep it public so it gets more exposure......on the other hand I think about making it private because I think it is a little more free to do/say whatever we want without getting regulated. Thoughts? Anyone have strong feelings either way?

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I forgot I was part of this group until I saw this post.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

That's pretty much why I have been keeping it public....Harder to interact/participate in group when you are never getting any notifications for it.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

That's pretty much why I have been keeping it public....Harder to interact/participate in group when you are never getting any notifications for it.

Yeah..If I don't see activity in my feed I'm not likely to participate in the groups.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options

Yeah..If I don't see activity in my feed I'm not likely to participate in the groups.

I'm more likely to participate if it is public but...when things are public some douche always seems to ruin it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In my experience with my own group, it's hard to get participation as a private group. But if you are public, then you can't block anyone from seeing it, including those you have blocked from joining the group.

You take a risk. But the mods pretty much don't care as long as they don't have to deal with the reports. The only time you could run into a problem is if someone messages a mod directly about the content of your group.

The mods try to remain completely hands off with the groups, but they do possess the power to delete a group if they feel it is necessary.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options