Who is running a 5K this month?

I'm trying to do something every month from March-November.

Ran the Shamrock last month... not sure what to do this month??

What have you signed up for????

Angie

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 821 Member
    No official timed runs for me this month (although I've been getting pretty serious about boosting my pace and distance for later this year)... My next big event is about a month from now when kathyazach and I go to Michigan for the zoodemack bike ride...
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    No 5k's this month. I am training for the Indy 500 Half Marathon in May.
    I have done the Susan B Komen Race for the Cure in April in the past. It's a large 5k!
  • mom2izzy
    mom2izzy Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, new to the group. I am hoping to run my first 5k this June, but just started running, so I'm not up on all the events.
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    nervous / excited, but running the Spartan April 27th!
  • Coolhand1969
    nervous / excited, but running the Spartan April 27th!

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
  • bethliberti
    bethliberti Posts: 9 Member
    I wasn't able to sign up for any timed 5k events this month - too many out of town events this month. My goal is to do 8 this year. I've already done 2 (Be My Valentine and Bunny Rock) and have signed up for 2 more (Run or Dye and GraffitiRun) in the summer already. I'm going to do my first OCR in September at (Patriot Race at Geist).
  • Coolhand1969
    I wasn't able to sign up for any timed 5k events this month - too many out of town events this month. My goal is to do 8 this year. I've already done 2 (Be My Valentine and Bunny Rock) and have signed up for 2 more (Run or Dye and GraffitiRun) in the summer already. I'm going to do my first OCR in September at (Patriot Race at Geist).

What is OCR? (to a computer geek like me, that stands for Optical Character Recognition - which obviously doesn't apply here... :) )
  • lbrenneman
    lbrenneman Posts: 4 Member
    I'm doing the Family Fun Run this Saturday! My 2nd 5K. I did it last year too.

https://give.stvincent.org/2013familyfunrun
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    I'm doing Rock the Relay this Saturday (26.2 miles per team - there are 6 on my team). Then, it's time for the 5K at the Mini.

Active.com has a pretty good list of 5ks in the area.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Also doing Rock the Relay on Saturday, on a team of 3 so I'll be doing 8.8 miles. Then I don't have anything scheduled until the Mini.

Indy Runners has a great calendar of local races: http://www.indyrunners.org/race-calendar.aspx

EDIT: Changed my mind! There's a 5K at Town Run Trail Park on April 27. I love that course.
    http://www.dinoseries.com/indiana-run-race3.html
  • bethliberti
    bethliberti Posts: 9 Member
    [/quote]

What is OCR? (to a computer geek like me, that stands for Optical Character Recognition - which obviously doesn't apply here... :) )
    [/quote]

An OCR is an obstacle course race. Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know that. I had to look it up when I first read about it. :)