Bioshock Infinite and DeadSpace3

Options
ryry_
ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
Have you played them, and if so how do they stack up against their predecessors?

Replies

• Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have nothing on Dead Space, but Bioshock was ... basically what you would expect? In that the game play was what it was before (except now with more zipline and less meleeability (a word??)) and a story that goes "Waiiit for it.... WAAAAIIIIIT FOR IT---BAM WTF DID YOU EXPECT" and it sort of laughs at you. I would liken it to the first game rather than the second, obviously. I recommend it at least... :D
  • JavaSparrow
    JavaSparrow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Almost through Deadspace3. I like it, but there are a few things I'm not liking.
    -Co-op campaign is only available through Live play (idk, i just thought they'd cut me a break for once)
    -Optional missions- I didn't even know about them at first so i ended up skipping a few. I plan to go back later on Co-op for them though.
    -You have to make your own guns. Apparently you can make them really badass, but i'm barely scraping by with my suped-up plasma cutter, and any materials i get go to keeping up with its upgrades. Its better on my difficulty since any new gun i make sucks apricots until its upgraded.
    -they've done away with the store...it's not that big of a deal, i just sorta miss it lol
    -I thought they would do more character development with the Co-op character. He's ok, but not nearly as interesting/cool to make me wanna play as him over Issac.
    -My brother said "It's too much like Halo" story-line wise. I admit, I see the parallels too.
    -The music! the music for DS1 was like, CRAZY TERRIFYING!!! The third game has nice music too, but there are a few times where it sounds like Ratchet and Clank xD

There are still those fast-paced scary action parts like in DS2, which i thought deliver pretty well since they got my heart racing.
    Overall, It's about the same level of awesomeness as the second game, so if you liked that, then you'll probably like this one.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My fiancé is playing through Infinite right now and he likes it. I guess hard mode is Really hard and it's different than the other games especially with the sky city and zipline stuff. Recommended :)
  • GossInABox
    GossInABox Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've never played a Bioshock game before, but I really liked the look of Infinite and picked it up. I was hesitant, cause fps tends to make me feel motion sick. Alas, it's the same in this case too. Can't play it for more than half an hour before I start feeling nauseous. :( I've made about an hour and a half of progress since I got it. XD
  • rosichick
    rosichick Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved BioShock infinite! It really was great, better than any game out right now.
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I bought Bioshock Infinite and wish I had just rented it. The graphics are stunning and the AI is interesting with Elizabeth. I am a little ways into the game and am missing a lot of the things that I loved about the 2nd one. So far the weapons are meh...You now have vigors instead of plasmids, gather salts instead of eve. Why the need to change the names? The murder of crow power is ok. So far though no Big Daddy's, no big sisters, no hacking machines, no security cameras. I liked the challenge of setting up beautiful complex traps, getting creeped out listening to the screaming big sister on her way for a battle, then stomping her *kitten*. It sadly feels like a different game. I also understand they are trying to teach about racism with the theme of the game, but it actually makes me ill playing it. I really wonder if stuff like this just perpetuates it instead of healing it. Just my opinion. It is beautifully done, the just should have put a different name on it I think.