How often do you CF and what else do you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I typically go 4-5 times per week, but less if I am feeling really sore/nursing an injury. I recently have started running for upcoming 5 and 10k's, so I will run on one CF rest day. I burnt out in the beginning, but I am feeling good now. Best just to listen to my body and take breaks as needed. I also took 3 weeks off to heal from a surgery, so that helped refresh me.
  • Melissaf0925
    Options
    I do Crossfit 5-6 days a week and run 3 mornings a week. After doing CF for a year, I tend to get twitchy if I don't do it enough.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week... if the wod is under 10 minutes i try to run a mile or two or go on a nice power walk or something, if it 20 minutes or so i hold off on extra cardio... our gym programs so its not heavy-heavy-heavy so people like me who like to go 6 days mix it up with powerlifting, olympic lifting, and gymnastics to keep from overtraining.
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    As a CrossFit n00b and someone healing back pain through strengthening (among other things), I currently go 2x a week. This week is my first week upping it to 3x (M,W,F). I horseback ride a couple times a week, run a couple times a week, and will do WODS at home or practice certain skills (especially double unders!). with a rest day once a week maybe two if the pain flares up but no more than that.