Ouch! (TMI-ish)

Options
ybodwen
ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
I need some advice here- I'm about 15 weeks and lately my boobs are killing me!!
I've definitely grown in that department (usually not that big) and I'm wondering if getting new bras would help?
Or am I just going to need new ones in a few weeks anyway? Could they possibly get even bigger?
This is not my first pregnancy but I've never experienced this before!

Replies

• EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately boobs hurting is kinda just an on and off part of pregnancy. Bigger bras would probably help, however I do recommend getting cheap ones because you will probably need bigger ones by your 3rd trimester. For me I gained a cup size every trimester. Most of my second trimester I used sleeping bras with a tank (the type with built in bras)
  • ybodwen
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!
    Where do you get cheap bras that actually fit well?
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    At about 8 weeks, I just went to shelf tank tops. I felt more comfortable knowing my belly wouldn't pop out from under any of my shirts and my boobs did not hurt nearly as much after that. Granted, I started and ended the pregnancy with 36B and even now nursing am probably the same (not entirely sure since I wear nursing tanks now). I found Target to be my best source, but again, tanks, not bras. Hope you get some relief soon!
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!
    Where do you get cheap bras that actually fit well?

Target to Kohls. I wouldn't say they are "cheap" but still cheaper. I think I got two sleep bras for 20 bucks they aren't super supportive that's why I wore them with a tank. The combination of the two really helped
  • SeamsSewWright
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about sports bras, but they worked really well for me the first time around. They tend to "expand" with the growth and will be used again when they shrink down again. I got the Target brand C9 ones, and they are so comfortable. On top of that, after the pregnancy, I used one of them, cut small holes in the nipples and used it as a "holding bra" for when I was pumping. Saved me lots of money than if I spent it on the Medela brands.
  • ybodwen
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about sports bras, but they worked really well for me the first time around. They tend to "expand" with the growth and will be used again when they shrink down again. I got the Target brand C9 ones, and they are so comfortable. On top of that, after the pregnancy, I used one of them, cut small holes in the nipples and used it as a "holding bra" for when I was pumping. Saved me lots of money than if I spent it on the Medela brands.

That is brilliant!! Totally gonna do that holding bra thing!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Not TMI-ish at all! My first pregnancy, my boobs hurt until about the end of the first trimester. For this pregnancy, my boobs hurt probably until about 17 or 18 weeks. I was surprised at how long it lasted this time around!

I started as a 34C/D (depending on the style of bra and who made it), but my boobs definitely re-inflated (I had definitely lost volume during weight loss prior to this pregnancy). I had never purchased new bras after weight loss (because I knew I'd be getting pregnant again and wanted to wait until after to spend the money), so my old 36D bras were too small by the end of my first trimester. Last time I was pregnant, I went from a 36D to a 38DD, and I still had some of the nursing bras I had bought for last time, so when I outgrew my 36D bras this time, I moved over to those. I also picked up some cheapies at JCPenney by Barely There. They were on sale as BOGO and were only about $28 for a 2-pack, so each bra ended up being $7. Not bad! The nursing bras I bought from walmart.com and were $14 for a 2-pack at the time, and I just put those on the tightest band setting.

The JCPenney bras (I would get a size up): http://www.justmysize.com/plus-size/bras/shop-by-style/wirefree/-24638--1?gclid=CNaKiNztvbYCFQM6nAodzjwARA&d1=SEARCHJ&cm_mmc=Google-_-PLA-_-NA-_-NA

The Wal-Mart bras: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Maternity-Soft-Cup-Nursing-Bra-2-Pack/10250994?_mm=

As for pumping bras, I tried the "take-an-old-bra-and-cut-holes-in-it-for-the-breast-flanges" thing, but it didn't work for me. This time I have purchased a pumping bra that I drooled over after my last pregnancy: http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Hands-Free-Breastpump-XL-XXL/dp/B002968T5G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365520347&sr=8-1&keywords=pumping+bra

I actually wish I had ordered the smaller size, but it is mega adjustable, so I'm sure it'll be fine.
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yes it all depends....some people go up a cup size, some go up 2 or 3, some don't notice a change at all.....I started a 32B and was up to a 34C by second trimester, long before I started showing.....and I was so uncomfortable until I got some new bras....don't suffer with the underwire of bras that are too small! It's worth the investment to get some as you transition.....I found some on clearance at Target....so I've gotten some for as cheap as 4-6 dollars! You have to check frequently but they do mark certain styles/colors down as they get new inventory. The nursing sleep bras at Target usually don't go on sale, but they are still a decent price compared to other places.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I just wore a really good sports bra. Comfy comfy comfy! Put that sucker on under everything :)

I didn't want to buy bras that I would only ever wear during pregnancy.