My first little success!

Options
gr8xpectationz
gr8xpectationz Posts: 161 Member
I can't believe it! I've lost ten whole pounds! The first five were water weight, but the last five were actual hard work. I've tried before and always gotten so discouraged.

But I feel like I've found the right combination of supplements for my body, and some of the right nutritional strategies for my body. Now I'm feeling a little bit of hope that if I can stick to it, real weight loss might actually be possible! And I'm feeling more inspired not just to lose weight, but to continue trying to get fit along the way.

10 pounds down, 90 pounds left to go!

Replies

• HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Thats wonderful... :smile:
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    I can't believe it! I've lost ten whole pounds! The first five were water weight, but the last five were actual hard work. I've tried before and always gotten so discouraged.

But I feel like I've found the right combination of supplements for my body, and some of the right nutritional strategies for my body. Now I'm feeling a little bit of hope that if I can stick to it, real weight loss might actually be possible! And I'm feeling more inspired not just to lose weight, but to continue trying to get fit along the way.

10 pounds down, 90 pounds left to go!

That's great! Congratulations! I love that you are celebrating this 10 pounds you worked so hard for. Celebrating these little successes you will end up feeling that the big picture is soon in site! Keep up the hard work!
  • nabzilla_uk
    nabzilla_uk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! every little bit of weight lost is a success xxx
  • atrjohnson
    atrjohnson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What type of supplements are you taking?
  • beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    well done! thats brill. keep up the hard work, its paying off xxx
  • Jaxie1231
    Jaxie1231 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job that is wonderful!!
  • gr8xpectationz
    Options
    Congratulations! What type of supplements are you taking?

Currently I take:

■ NAC (1g - 3 times per day) since I don't tolerate metformin well, and N-Acetyl L-Cysteine is supposed to be a good alternative.
    ■ Adrenal Support made by Gaia, as directed on the bottle for adrenal fatigue and stress.
    ■ A combination of Chromium and L-Carnitine as directed on the bottle for metabolism.
    ■ Vitamin D because I have a deficiency.
    ■ and Magnesium, because overweight people are frequently deficient, and women are frequently deficient, and I'm both.

I plan to add fish oil. The Adrenal Support made a HUGE difference in my stress level, which is weird because I hadn't realized how stressed I was until that supplement made it better.

Though I don't pretend to be an expert, I know a little about supplements (I worked for a year in the supps department at Whole Foods). Sometimes I change it up a bit. I'm looking into maybe adding Reishi or Spironolactone, but I know less about those and would need to do some research.

I have also quit drinking milk, and mostly trying to avoid sugar and processed flour, and my skin is looking better than it has in years. I don't know if someday I can be one of those "success stories" who loses a hundred pounds and keeps it off, but I feel good that I'm headed in the right direction.

If there are supps that other people have found helpful, I'd love to hear about them!
  • gr8xpectationz
    Options
    Also, thanks to everybody for your support and your kind comments!
  • ladyshands
    Options
    I dont know you, but I am VERY proud of you! Its hard enough as a woman to lose weight.. but with the added barrier of PCOS, the hardship is tripled. You are doing a fabulous job! keep up the good work!