The Dreaded 3rd Week!!

Options
healthybabs
healthybabs Posts: 576 Member
I had read a lot of threads about the dreaded 3rd week. Seems once you start adding back in some food with mushies the body needs to recalculate and holds on to everything for dear life, hence no loss. Well yup, that is exactly what happened to me! I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing so not going to freak over this. Who else had this experience and when did your losing start to pick back up?

Replies

• houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    In my 3rd week post-op, I actually gained 2 lbs. I FREAKED OUT. I called my nutritionist and practically cried about it. She said it's TOTALLY normal and it's our bodies rebalancing fluids. There's NO WAY it's a real gain. Sure enough, the next week I lost that 2 lbs. plus 3 more. I never had another stall/gain until a few weeks ago and I am 5 months post-op now. It's different for everyone, but that 3rd week really threw me for a loop b/c no one warned me about it. But it's just fluid!
  • mitzi1006
    mitzi1006 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. It seems as soon you add some solids in your body wants to hold on. I also had a stall on week 7 but I weighed this morning and am down 2 more pounds so that's a relief. Just follow the rules and you'll be fine!
  • tianormie
    tianormie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous post. Follow the rules and things have a way of working themselves out. It was hard for me to believe it at first but it does work out. Good luck! :happy:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Gained 6 pounds.. SIX.. Tomorrow marks the end of week 4 and I'm still up four pounds from the end of week 2. (I was 276 at the end of week 2 and I'm currently 280.5. I'm hoping these four pounds will come off this week and I'll still have two more weeks in April to actually put up a LOSS! for the month. I didn't expect to have a HUGE loss for the moth of April since I lost 21 pounds in March, but I'd like to pull at least a couple of pounds!

Also, according to my fancy scale, my body water was 20% previously and now is 22.1% so clearly that's gotta be affecting things.
  • Mwrarr
    Mwrarr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    From pre-op diet through until week 3, I was losing 5, 6, 9!...pounds/week. Week 3 I lost 2. :/ And I can't even eat most mushies or purees even, so I think it's just the body freaking out over this thing that it had done to it. I'm hoping that I can start dropping faster again. I'm more worried that I'm going to stall here forever. This is the weight that my body always has been pretty comfy at, but before I would rebound hardcore. I'm sure I won't rebound, but I didn't go through the hell that I did just to get stuck at 270 forever.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Happy to stay I started losing again in week 4 and continue to lose. I did get quite mindful about how much I was eating made sure I wasn't going over my 4oz per meal. I used my scale faithfully for each meal. Continued my exercise and got in as much water as I could with a minimum of the 64 oz. the bod just needed time to adjust to the changes and all is going well now again!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm still stalled.... BUT that fancy scale of mine reports that my body fat percentage has gone from 50.5% down to 48.3%... So that is helping to keep me sane!