Zombies, Run! OR Zombies, Run! 5k training?

Options
lisaelainee
lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
I don't run at all and want to start.
Which app do I use first?

I didn't enjoy the c25k so hopefully zombies motivate me :)

Replies

• babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I hated the normal c25k. HATED IT!!! It had me doing to much to fast. I love my Zombie run c25k.
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I tried the normal C5K as well, and couldn't motivate myself to keep running. Last night I finished workout 1 of week 4 of Zombies 5K, and I'm looking forward to the next one tomorrow night. :)

The main difference to me is Z5K gives me a reason to keep running other than just running. I want to know what happens in the next chapter of the story!

As for what to do first, I started with the main app, but it was moving too fast for me and I had a hard time keeping up. So after a couple of attempts I switched to the Z5K, and when I've finished all eight weeks I'm going to go back to the main one and run all the story missions. That is my plan. :)
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    The main difference to me is Z5K gives me a reason to keep running other than just running. I want to know what happens in the next chapter of the story!

Ditto! I tried C25K as well, and I ran outta motivation after 2 weeks (foot pain - that still exists - didn't help). Am into Week 4 of Z5K now, and am still going. I am pretty confident that I'm gonna complete this!

Mhmm... gotta say that I started with the main app before Z5K was released - did up till Mission 7 (or was it 8?) alternating between walking, jogging & slightly faster "running" when the chase is on. Then when Z5K came out, I figured that I would enjoy the main story more if I'm actually running... hence I switched over & fully intend to restart the main app after Z5K graduation. ^_^
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Start with Z25K, then move on to the main app.

But get both.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm doing z25k now and plan to buy the main app when I complete it. Tonight is week 4, workout 3. I never could have gotten this far in my previous c25k.
  • nytefalle
    nytefalle Posts: 63
    Options
    Ditto on doing Z5K first. It starts out slow enough that no matter your skill level, or lack thereof, you CAN keep up. I'm on week 4 & never got past week 2 on C25K.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    If you're planning on doing both I'd recommend walking through mission 1 of the regular app first, because that'll start you in the story. After that first mission move over to the zombie 5k. Especially if your not used to doing any running that's a good place to start.
  • FitAtFortyFour
    FitAtFortyFour Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can someone who has done/is doing the Zombies, Run! 5K training program post the workouts by week?
    I don't want the mission spoilers but it would be really nice to know what the upcoming exercises are going to be.

I've done Couch to 5k in the past and see that this training program is different so trying to figure that out.

The company that designed the 5k program that the app training is based on, Up and Running, has e-course that cost 49 pounds. Jeesh.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I just completed week one. Super excited to start week two on Sunday.
  • sxymilf
    sxymilf Posts: 17
    Options
    If you're planning on doing both I'd recommend walking through mission 1 of the regular app first, because that'll start you in the story. After that first mission move over to the zombie 5k. Especially if your not used to doing any running that's a good place to start.

Thank you, i have just got both and plan on starting either tonight or tomorrow and cant wait.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Can someone who has done/is doing the Zombies, Run! 5K training program post the workouts by week?
    I don't want the mission spoilers but it would be really nice to know what the upcoming exercises are going to be.

I've done Couch to 5k in the past and see that this training program is different so trying to figure that out.

The company that designed the 5k program that the app training is based on, Up and Running, has e-course that cost 49 pounds. Jeesh.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I just completed week one. Super excited to start week two on Sunday.

Sorry. I'm not going to because I think it's the anticipation of the story and the activity that keeps you going, not a list of the stuff ahead. After all, if somebody has never run 15 seconds before, telling them what they'll be doing by the halfway mark could be too much to contemplate and they don't get past that first session.

The spoiler thread kills me as it is. I want to look, but I don't at the same time.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    Sorry. I'm not going to because I think it's the anticipation of the story and the activity that keeps you going, not a list of the stuff ahead. After all, if somebody has never run 15 seconds before, telling them what they'll be doing by the halfway mark could be too much to contemplate and they don't get past that first session.

Very true.

They don't have to buy the app either, if some kind soul lists the workouts for them, so I'm going to quote that as my main reason for not doing it. Six to Start spent time and money on this app, and on supporting it, and they need to make money from selling it, or they will stop doing both... which would mean, no more updates, no more new missions for the main app. That would suck.
  • FitAtFortyFour
    Options
    I understand your point. However, I have purchased both apps and am not at all overwhelmed by the thought of doing a 5k run/walk. I've actually done 10k training in the past. Just trying to figure out the best time of day for me to get these in.

Anyway, two opinions are duly noted.

If anyone else feels differently and is willing to share, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    That's a different story. My mistake for jumping to conclusions again. (Though I'd hate to see a list here abused by others who are less honest.)

PM is on the way. :)
  • FitAtFortyFour
    Options
    Thanks again for your help!
    That's a different story. My mistake for jumping to conclusions again. (Though I'd hate to see a list here abused by others who are less honest.)

PM is on the way. :)
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    heh I will admit I've googled to peek ahead and see what to prepare myself for in coming weeks. I kinda wish I hadn't because I dislike the free form runs. I want them to give me walk/run cues not give me an excuse to walk if I want. I am wondering if I am going to need to do a classic c25k app after I've completed this one.