Motivational words from Ali ...

Options
EdTheGinge
EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
The following are quotes by the greatest boxer to live Casius Clay aka: Muhammad Ali

“I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'.”

'I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was'

'It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen'

'It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself'

'It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe'

'I never thought of losing, but now that it' s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life'

'Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even'

'The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights'

My personal favourites from this selection have to be the first one and last two. Which is your favourite and are there any quotes which you use to get you ready for what lies ahead, whether it be from Ali or Gandhi etc.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Love those!

My favourite has to be the pebble in your shoe one, lol.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Not Ali but I like it non the less

'Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not, when you race him, he'll win.'