66 CD .. How I hate PCOS

Options
heena1228
heena1228 Posts: 29 Member
Hi All,

I am now on cycle day 66 for the first time my cd has reached this far..otherwise it has always been any of these days --> 35/ 45/58 ...
Jus waiting for my periods to come now..will be seeing the doc soon.....I so didnt want to go onto medications but I guess I need to start...
Anyone faced this crap before...

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    Hi All,

I am now on cycle day 66 for the first time my cd has reached this far..otherwise it has always been any of these days --> 35/ 45/58 ...
    Jus waiting for my periods to come now..will be seeing the doc soon.....I so didnt want to go onto medications but I guess I need to start...

I'm sorry that your cycle is being so crazy! I have never had really off the wall cycles actually I am usually the same time each month just a longer cycly which I think contributed to why it took so long for me to be diagnosed. I have been on meds for about 2.5 months and I am actually happy I am on it, the Metformin helps with so many of the symptoms of PCOS I just wish it helped with facial hair :(. I hope that the DR has some good incite for you.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I went seven months before I went on Metformin. Now it's right around 30 days.
  • Jaxie1231
    Jaxie1231 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes Met helped regulate me a lot too, great medicine for PCOS
  • nekol88
    nekol88 Posts: 33
    Options
    I've only gotten 4 or so periods on my own in my whole life, I know how u feel it sucks! My doctor has been giving me provera to bring on my period. I'm also on metformin 1500 mg a daily.

so u ladies who are regulated by metformin how long did it take to regulate you? I've been on it for 3 months and I'm not there on my own yet :(
  • beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Metformin has worked for me. My cycle was crazy before, sometimes 4 months in between. It made me feel awful not having a period. It's not normal not having one. Unfortunately it's a long term drug. I've been on it years, and each year I see a difference. First of all I noticed that I was getting them more frequent. Then I started to notice after a year that they were getting lighter. I guess more normal. Now years later I've got a regular cycle of about 32 days. Best thing I ever did was take metformin. I'm still on it and have no plans to stop it. Just remember results aren't a quick term fix. But it does work if you keep taking it. X
  • Qfrump
    Qfrump Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That sounds just like me after coming off of the pill! It was frustrating because I was supposed to get blood drawn on the 3rd day of my period, and kept waiting....and waiting....and waiting. ah-ha-hand waiting. My doctor says that you should have one at least every 90 days for health reasons (lowers your risk of some kind of cancer or something...). I was prescribed provera. I did fine with it, but had weird dreams. I recommend taking it at night with food. It's one pill for 10 days, and then your period comes 3-7 days after that.

Good luck and take care of yourself!
  • heena1228
    heena1228 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm sorry that your cycle is being so crazy! I have never had really off the wall cycles actually I am usually the same time each month just a longer cycly which I think contributed to why it took so long for me to be diagnosed. I have been on meds for about 2.5 months and I am actually happy I am on it, the Metformin helps with so many of the symptoms of PCOS I just wish it helped with facial hair :(. I hope that the DR has some good incite for you.

I hope so to... Well should visit one in a few days..it all starts of from finding a good gynac