Day 10

MikeInAZ
MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
Hard work and self control is paying off. I'm down 2lbs since April 1st! (and that's no joke!). Keep up the good work, don't put that cookie/chocolate/cake/muffin/ice cream etc in your mouth today. Make today the day you are 100% sugar free!!

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    im eating a cookie right now LOL. I'm in a state of flux right now because my husband and I are going to try to get pregnant next month. So i kind of feel like what is the point in trying to lose 10 lbs if i am going to just put them right back on?
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Hard work and self control is paying off. I'm down 2lbs since April 1st! (and that's no joke!). Keep up the good work, don't put that cookie/chocolate/cake/muffin/ice cream etc in your mouth today. Make today the day you are 100% sugar free!!
    great post! A little encouragement goes a very long way! I have made it so far today with out any of the bad stuff. Tomorrow will just get easier.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    im eating a cookie right now LOL. I'm in a state of flux right now because my husband and I are going to try to get pregnant next month. So i kind of feel like what is the point in trying to lose 10 lbs if i am going to just put them right back on?
    [/quote
    WHAAAAAAT! Really, lose the ten pounds. Most women gain 30 during a pregnancy. In fact, that is exactly what I gained during both pregnancies. If you lose ten now, and gain 30 in pregnancy, it will be like you really only gained 20. (sort of)..... Don't throw it out the window. Plus too much weight gain in pregnancy is not good either. Try to get your body in the best shape possible for a sweet little baby to live in!
  • carrieous
    but im not overweight. In fact i am just right. I only wanted to lose 10 more to be as low as i could be and still be within a healthy range.

I gained 62 lbs with my first pregnancy! I am going to try hard not to gain that much next time, that is for sure!
  • MikeInAZ
    but im not overweight. In fact i am just right. I only wanted to lose 10 more to be as low as i could be and still be within a healthy range.

I gained 62 lbs with my first pregnancy! I am going to try hard not to gain that much next time, that is for sure!

The point of this exercise to control sugar intake. As you know, women can very easily get diabetes during pregnancy. The healthier you are before and during your pregnancy the better off. Do you really want to gain 62lbs (to carry an 8lb baby)? Of course not.

There's a girl in my boot camp class who is 35 weeks pregnant. It looks like once that baby comes out, she'll have a flatter stomach than I do. Ok, I know that's extreme. But it's true!

I've seen women gain over 100lbs during pregnancy because they give themselves the green light to stop exercising and eat ANYTHING they want in any portion! You can still be pregnant, workout and eat healthy. Anyway, you're going to do what you're going to do and I can't MAKE you do anything different. But think about where you are now and where you MIGHT be 42 weeks later. Put the cookie down and eat an apple instead!
  • MikeInAZ
    great post! A little encouragement goes a very long way! I have made it so far today with out any of the bad stuff. Tomorrow will just get easier.

Don't give up today!! If you've made it this far, make it all the way. If you get a sweet tooth tonight, eat an apple.
  • carrieous
    i know youre right, Mike! And i remembered shortly after that cookie (okay, 2 cookies) why sugar is bad. I was bouncing off the walls and probably annoying all my coworkers with my obnoxiousness. Then i got a headache. Now i am tired.

Lesson learned!!