Really Low Impact Exercise

Options
Recovering from gallbladder removal surgery and am scheduled for a full hysterectomy. Sigh... Looking for gentle exercises I can do after recovery. I plan on walking while healing but will need to start out slow on toning back up. Got any suggestions? THX

Replies

• pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your health issues. You will have to give yourself ample time to heal. Ask your surgeon for guidance and follow it or you could have worse health problems.
    Hope all goes well for you.:flowerforyou:
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    Wow! Check with your doc to see when you can and what you can do. But you can do breathing exercises now. Our bodies heal better when properly oxygenated. Search Yoga breathing at you will find different ways to breathe for desired effects. Good luck.
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    I worked in a physical therapy practice who employed a female therapist who was certified to do internal exams. She saw patients pre & post surgery, drew up personal diagrams, and offered an approach that isn't common knowledge. At least in this area. A magnificent person who helped women where doctors couldn't. Her schedule was so full she opened a practice dedicated to women. Since your surgeries a so close together you may benefit from this approach. Good Luck.
  • tputsche
    Options
    I would really recommend a physical therapist to start out with. You will have restrictions from both surgeries, but there are gentle yoga type moves, and low impact aerobics,which can be done in a chair, once you have the ok check out your Ymca for a program called Enhance fitness, or they have several Active Older Adult classes (over 50 and up).
    these both offer chair exercise, There's even sit and be fit on pbs. Good luck.
    :smile: