Menu & Shopping List for Week 1

Options
2»

Replies

• cksummer2013
    cksummer2013 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome Sniccifit! Thank you so much. I love the support you all are giving to me. I have some non-mfp friends that are doing this with me too and we all are trying to cheer each other on. It does help! :)
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i don't dig coffee, but im going all over the teas. however now that i examined a couple boxes i bought - one has stevia leaf and the other has soy lecithin or something....which im gathering neither is acceptable. im really bummed out about the stevia leaf one because it was blueberry :(
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Awesome Sniccifit! Thank you so much. I love the support you all are giving to me. I have some non-mfp friends that are doing this with me too and we all are trying to cheer each other on. It does help! :)

Oh ya, that's a great point!
    Just be sure that you are okay with never going back to Folger's and spending a little more on your coffee habit, hahaha. Once you switch, there ain't no going back! :)

Also, I invested in a coffee grinder and I find that fresh ground coffee is so much better than pre-ground.

Also re: kelr0110 - wow, that's an eye opener. It's not even something I would have thought of doing. I just assumed tea was tea! Thanks for the heads up!
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    i don't dig coffee, but im going all over the teas. however now that i examined a couple boxes i bought - one has stevia leaf and the other has soy lecithin or something....which im gathering neither is acceptable. im really bummed out about the stevia leaf one because it was blueberry :(

Yes, several teas have soy lecithin (or other creepies) in them! You have to read the labels... unfortunately. Because WHY would there be soy in tea??!!! :mad:
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Yes, several teas have soy lecithin (or other creepies) in them! You have to read the labels... unfortunately. Because WHY would there be soy in tea??!!! :mad:

yes, it's rather annoying. i even read the labels in the store before i bought it and thought it was acceptable. however upon returning back to work i looked and it actually says "OTHER" ingredients - which were acceptable. the stevia leaf was listed up top with the rest of the leaf ingredients. sneaky sneaky!

EDIT - it was the Yogi teas line, so watch those :)
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Dinners:
    Spinach and bacon stuffed chicken breast
    Pulled beef tacos or taco salad

Here is the recipe for the above stuffed chicken breast. My husband said this is one of his ALL TIME favorite things I've made...including SAD things! It looks tedious but really isn't that bad, and it was really good!

http://fastpaleo.com/bacon-and-spinach-stuffed-chicken/
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My husband said this is one of his ALL TIME favorite things I've made...including SAD things!

Bacon will do that to a guy ;) haha