Working in Wilmington, Delaware?

doowop713
doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
Good afternoon y'all!

I was wondering if there were any women in this group who work here in Wilmington, DE. It would be great if we could get a walking group together, especially since the weather is getting better! There are great places to walk, for example, from my building (820 N. French St.) to Market Street- down to 10th street- down to the WSFS Building- back to Rodney Square and around there! We could meet at the Riverfront and walk there or even at Brandywine park, but I only get an hour long lunch break... so Brandywine Park and the Riverfront would be brief! They are both beautiful though!

Replies

• doowop713
    Good afternoon y'all!

I was wondering if there were any women in this group who work here in Wilmington, DE. It would be great if we could get a walking group together, especially since the weather is getting better! There are great places to walk, for example, from my building (820 N. French St.) to Market Street- down to 10th street- down to the WSFS Building- back to Rodney Square and around there! We could meet at the Riverfront and walk there or even at Brandywine park, but I only get an hour long lunch break... so Brandywine Park and the Riverfront would be brief! They are both beautiful though!

Anyone? :(
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    sorry, I'm from NYC.
  • doowop713
    Thanks for responding anyway! :)
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Wish I was closer. I'm in Dover.
  • doowop713
    Wish I was closer. I'm in Dover.

Aw man... Yeah, that is quite a long drive for a short walk!
  • Hey doowop,

I work in Stanton and I also get an hour lunch break. I couldn't do it every day since I do a lot of errands on my lunch break but I would love to do it once or twice a week. The riverfront is about a 15 min drive so I would only be able to walk for 30 mins. Let me know if you are interested!
  • doowop713
    Hey doowop,

I work in Stanton and I also get an hour lunch break. I couldn't do it every day since I do a lot of errands on my lunch break but I would love to do it once or twice a week. The riverfront is about a 15 min drive so I would only be able to walk for 30 mins. Let me know if you are interested!

That sounds awesome! My schedule isn't always the same because of meetings and travel, but I am usually in Wilmington for the majority of the day. The Riverfront is such a great walk on a nice day. I'm definitely interested. Let me know what days are best for you!

• That sounds awesome! My schedule isn't always the same because of meetings and travel, but I am usually in Wilmington for the majority of the day. The Riverfront is such a great walk on a nice day. I'm definitely interested. Let me know what days are best for you!

Well, if your schedule is always changing, let me know what day is good. My job is pretty flexible with lunch hours. I can usually go anywhere between 11 and 1. I just have to clear it with my coworkers. I don't have anything that needs to be done on a specific day so you tell me what day and time and I then I can clear it.