Local Harvest...

EDesq
EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
Localharvest.org.

I may be late but I am a budding Vegetarian, and right now I am doing some juicing and eating raw for a while...it is going great! Anyway, I do a lot of YouTube for anything/infor I seek for a lot of things. Well, one of My Subscriptions was talking about getting TOP Quality Produce (most organic), (as well as free range or grass fed animals) at a great price, She mentioned checking out localharvest.org which are CSA's, and that most have half shares for like $240 for 10 weeks. Well, I checked it out and put in My location...and WOW, there are about 150 farms in My area alone. I forgot I was back in the South! Anyway, I did several reviews of farms and decided on one and it is $240 (half share) for 20 WEEKS! Imagine, 10 or 20 weeks of IN SEASON Fruit and Veggies for $240!!! OMG, I spend $40 a week on veggies and fruit alone that are NOT organic!

So, just putting this out there for those who like to save a buck, and in the process support your local SMALL Farmers, and support sustainable/organic produce, as well as humane care and harvesting of animals.

Replies

• libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    I'm going to check it out. It might force me to try some new produce that isn't currently part of my diet. Thanks for the tip.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    the CSA in my neighborhood is more than double that and doesn't include fruit, which is an additional 150$. i wish i had some local friends to split it with.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Why stick with the one in the Neighborhood. Check out the site and see what else is available...you may be very surprised!
  • Mwrarr
    Mwrarr Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks for the tip! :)
    I only knew of one CSA in my town, but according to this site there's about 40!! I'm astonished! And a handful of them are literally in my backyard. Amazing. Now to pick one... :)