Hi Everyone...I'm new to this group

Options
I lost my husband 4 years ago when I was 30. It was the hardest thing I ever went through. He was my world and when I lost him, I feel apart. The doctors said I had a psychotic break and i was hospitalized for awhile. Even to this day, I'm not sure how well I deal with it.
My husband committed suicide and I have so many unanswered questions and no closure. He was my best friend, only friend. I miss him so much.
I have trouble coping to this day. I seem to take only 1 day at a time and I still see my therapist. Sometimes I don't think she understands what I am going through. I am on this site because I coped by using food. Now I have a lot of weight to loose. Today is my first day where I actually want to be consistent and try to succeed at this. I know I'm going to struggle at times but I guess that goes a long with it.
I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and see if we can get some conversations going. I hope to hear from everyone soon :)

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear your story. My husband passed away from brain cancer almost 7 years ago. We did everything together, so it was very hard, esp. the first couple of years. I feel I am doing well now, even though I do still miss him every day.

It is understandable that you have unanswered questions due to the suicide. I can't imagine how hard that must be for you. You're challenge is going to be to learn to live with the questions to which there are no answers in this world. We all have them. You just probably have more than most. And, that's okay. You just have to work through them until you can live with them.

I found journaling my feelings helped a lot. And, running became the thing that allowed me to get off the anti-depressants. Exercise really is good for the body and soul.

It is good that you are ready to start making a positive change in your life. That is truly a giant leap forward, one step at a time.

As you can tell, there isn't a whole lot of interaction on this site, which does disappoint me. But, if I can be of any help or motivation, please send me a message, or post on here. I try to check the threads often. You can add me as a friend, if you'd like.

Good luck in your journey. Be proud of yourself for taking this step.:flowerforyou:
  • Dinah2
    Dinah2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my husband of 37 years to cancer in December 2011.

I dealt with it by throwing myself into losing weight and exercising. It truly can make you feel better and get your mind off of it and doing something for you.

I know how hard it is because my husband and I did everything together and was my best friend.

I became depressed and did not get out. My advice is to get out there and do things. It is not good to stay home. I know it is easier said then done but it can be done.

Good luck. I hope this message board can get going again.

Dinah
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Dinah,

I hope this can get going again too. I agree with the getting out there and doing something. Exercise was the way I got off of my anti-depressants. I knew I didn't wan to stay on them for the rest of my life, so exercise was the replacement, and it worked.

I'm sorry for you loss too. I don't hate many things, but cancer is one of them. It takes so many loved ones way before they should go and affects so many others.

Glad you are doing well.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    oops. Guess I repeated myself on the exercise thing. Oh well, it deserves repeating. :wink: