The Yellow Team Loft !

Options
marcelka77
marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
Welcome yellow Team !

This is where you will socialize, meet and greet, get to know eachother, do challenges here in your loft ! Make sure that you get to know eachother !

Replies

• still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    I'm Emily, I live in Somerville (essentially Boston), MA, and I'm 26, 5ft 5in and 195 pounds. I'd like to get down to 140 and lower my BMI. I go to the gym Sunday-Thursday (I was not very good this week because I wasn't feeling well) and meet with a trainer once a month. I'm aiming for 1200 net cals a day. And I am excited for the yellow team to KICK BUTT!! :)
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I'm Kim.i live in Spring TX. but born and raised in Richmond VA.I'm 41 y/o 5'7 166.0lbs ugw is 125lbs.my short time goal right now is to be 159.0lbs. that would put me in the normal range.I'm going a couple of challenges right now plus run for 30 mins 2-3 times a week I go to the gym2-3 times a week..husband was n the Navy retied this year.starting his new career as a truck driver.we have 4 boys 21,11,9 and 5..can't wait to get started..GO YELLOW!!
  • marcelka77
    Options
    So getting lesson from last challenge to keep us motiated we have begun our 20 week challenge(counting this 0 week).

And i still need your captain ;)

For many of us, this is a clean slate of getting back on track! For the WEEK O challenge, I thought we might take it BACK TO BASICS! Let's take this week to focus on drinking water and cooking ! I know that this is not the easiest thing for all of us to do .

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/957625-pre-game-challege-0-week-challenge
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    Where is everyone??hope as the week goes on our group picks up. don't forget to drink your water..lol I drink between 8-10 glasses a day..recipe challenge is going to be tricky for me.my husband does the shopping and its mostly process foods.and we take turns fixing dinner..i try to tell him we need to eat healthier but he says not on our budget..aagghh..can't wait to see the workout challenge..anyhoo can't wait to meet the team..feel free to add me
  • yangi1
    yangi1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Yangi. I live in Newport Wales. I'm 5ft and currently weigh 129lbs. My goal is to lose 10lbs and reach my target and get fitter. Currently I run/walk 2-3 times a week. I have 3 kids 13, 5 and 2.5. Me and my friend are starting another 6 week challenge to boost our exercise regime. I'm currently not very well with suspected glandular fever but I'm hoping by the time the challenge is running I will be fit again. Looking forward to getting to know all of you
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Good morning my Lovelies

I am back to keep you going ;)

this challenge is from monday

Pre-game challege 0 week Exercise challenge 04/15 - 04/22 ( 22nd its the our official D day)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/959159-pre-game-challege-0-week-exercise-challenge?page=1#posts-14626928
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    I had a really big burn yesterday and spent a small fortune at Whole Foods in order to keep myself from waivering and buying breakfast sandwiches. Breakfast is my biggest weakness I think - I LOVE fried eggs and toast and if I were British I am convinced I would have a fry-up at least once a week.

Anyway, I am down two pounds from last week and I'm hoping that I'll keep it up!! :)

A GREAT pre-workout snack is LaraBars - they are soy and gluten free (most are dairy free as well) - and they are DELICIOUS!!! They're a bit pricey ($1.39ish a piece) but really worth it in my opinion.

DRINK UP YOUR WATER!!!! :)
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Alison, and I currently weigh 199.6 pounds. My ultimate goal weight is in the 150-160 range, but my first goal is to reach 174 (which would put me in the normal weight category!). I am currently training for a half marathon on May 4 and also doing some weight lifting. After that, I hope to run once a week, continue weight lifting, and find some other cardio activity I like as well. I can't wait to get started!
  • yangi1
    Options
    Hello! This week's challenge is funny because I can't stand water and my hubby cooks all the food. I will be drinking lots of sugarfree squash. I hope that counts as water. I will get my husband to cook nice meals and hopefully he will write the recipes down and I can post. Here's to a great week yellow team!
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    Yangi, there is also Mio and Crystal Light, but idk if you guys have that in the UK. Looks like this http://www.drinkwhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/MiO-Liquid-Water-Enhancer.jpg and http://www.sweettaterblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/free-crystal-light-on-the-go.jpeg. (I think Crystal light has started a line of liquid flavors, similar to mio). Adding them to sparkling water is DELICIOUS! And you can just add as much or as little as you like and still get your water in. Skim (non-fat) milk also has a lot of water in it. Just avoid things like vitamin water (unless it's the sugar free kind) because you get way more sugar than anything else :)
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Susie from Texas!!!

My current weight is 215.

I ready for this challenge.

Each morning I get a Sonic Route 44 water with lemon. This helps me get my water intake up. I am trying to drink at least 12 glasses a day.

Currently I am working on my goal to be diet coke free. It is very hard. I drink about 6 cans a day. Last two days I have only had one per day.

Going for a walk today so I am starting my exercise.

I hope to lose about 36 pounds in the challenge.

Good luck to everybody.

From the last biggest loser challenge. We started a Facebook group.
    MFP BLC Yellow Team. Feel free to join.
  • yangi1
    Options
    Thanks Emily for the tip. I like blackcurrant sugar free squash (not sure if they call it the same in America) and have been drinking lots of that. Warm water with lemon first thing in the morning is a great idea. I used to do that and will def start again.
  • Susiej1976
    Options
    I made my 12 glasses and stuck to just one diet coke. Yea!

How did everybody do today?
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    10 glasses of water today and calories is in the green..didn't get cardio workout in today..had 2 meetings today..tomorrow is my run day..140 squats(doing the 30 day squat challenge)
  • Susiej1976
    Options
    Do you schedule your exercise for the week?
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    I generally do. Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday is strength with just a bit of cardio (sometimes more for "bonus points") and then Monday and Wednesday is only cardio. I usually take Fridays and Saturdays off because I'm off visiting my boyfriend, but if the weather is nice we take walks. I'm excited that he's FINALLY joined a gym!! They're different brand gyms, but I have a few daily passes I'll share with him :)

KEEP UP THE WATER AND THE BURN, LADIES!!! LET'S KICK SOME BUM! :) xxx
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    With my crazy grad school schedule, I definitely have to plan my exercise, but the plan normally changes week to week. However, I try to do cardio 3 times a week, strength training 2 times a week, and stretching daily.

22679397.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    Yangi, is squash sort of like the syrup you'd add to your coffee for vanilla/hazelnut/whatever that's just mixed with water or soda water? I've seen it mentioned on British tv shows but I'm not quite sure what it is lol.
  • yangi1
    Options
    Emily its like Koolaid but we no need to add extra sugar and it comes in concentrated form all its 1part to 4 parts water. I'm sure there is going to be lots you will mention here and I will have no clue lol!

I try to plan my exercise as well because with work and 3 kids I would never get it done. At the moment its 3 times a week mainly power walking/jogging. I'm going to increase it to 5 days and do Gillian's 30DS. I haven't done much the past 2 weeks because I'm ill with glandular fever and hope to be back on my feet soon.

I have had 5 glasses of water today.
  • ReDeCook
    ReDeCook Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

I'm happy to be a part of an enthusiatic group. I have never done a Biggest Loser challenge before, so i'm nervous. I am a 29 year old nursing student, I will be turning 30 this year and I want to be in great shape. I turn 30 in August so I joined this challenge to get a good start on my progress towards better health.

I have been a vegetarian for 3 years, but I have found myself eating unhealthy food lately. My boyfriend and I have gained weight together by ordering pizza and ice cream. My vices are chips and booze. I like to socialize and have fun, I just need to be more careful with unhealthy choices.

I am 5' 51/2" and I have an hourglass figure (slimer waist to wide hips). I weigh about 190lbs, and this is the heaviest I have ever been. My end goal is to weigh 125lbs. I will take my goals 20lbs at a time and I home to reach a significant goal through this challenge. I mostly weigh myself in the morning, before I eat, so I am going to stick to that for my Sunday weigh-ins.

I used to run for at least a half hour every day. I would like to get back into running, but I need to start slow. I am going to start with spring cleaning, yoga, and some walking. I really like using the elliptical machines at the gym because they are a full body workout with lower impact. Mostly I just want to get back to fitting in slimmer clothes and being healthy.

I hope everyone succeeds, and I hope to get some great possitive support.
    Renee