Hello!!!

Options
katie8485
katie8485 Posts: 19 Member
Hi, my name is Katie. I am a 28 year old mom who needs help. I have no clue what I am doing when it comes to losing weight. I am tired of being over weight want to set a good healthy example for my kids. When it comes support, I don't have it. My mom is over weight and is set happily in her ways, and my husband is happy I want to lose weight but does nothing to encourage or help me. I am fully on my own. I have a busy schedule, like just about every mom out there does, and don't know when to fit working out in ir even what to do. I am willing to make friends and I am a good cheerleader and listener.

Replies

• MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie, welcome! I am a 31 yr old mom of 2 and will send you a friend request!

We can do this!
  • lainester
    lainester Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi Katie! I am a mom of 3 boys and if you need some encouragement or listening I would love to be friends. Add me if you'd like :happy:
  • ragan4bama
    ragan4bama Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can do this Katie!!!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Dani, mom to 2 boys (2.5 and 3 weeks) Feel free to add me for support and encouragement. It is hard to stay focused and find time when you have kids but it is doable, just keep pushing!
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Katie. I am a 28 year old mom who needs help. I have no clue what I am doing when it comes to losing weight. I am tired of being over weight want to set a good healthy example for my kids. When it comes support, I don't have it. My mom is over weight and is set happily in her ways, and my husband is happy I want to lose weight but does nothing to encourage or help me. I am fully on my own. I have a busy schedule, like just about every mom out there does, and don't know when to fit working out in ir even what to do. I am willing to make friends and I am a good cheerleader and listener.

Hi Katie! I'm a 32 year old mom of two little boys. I was out of shape for a L.O.N.G. time and have recently started betting back to me. I would be more than happy to help you and share what I've been doing :) My husband is also happy about the weight loss, but isn't the greatest with helping me with this kinda stuff (I'm the one who has to help him!).

I'm gonna send you a friend request :)
  • GinE73
    GinE73 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hey! I'm 32 and have a 7 month old. We can do this! =)
  • SuperPink
    SuperPink Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 29 and I have a 2 year old son. Sent you a friend request
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,
    I'm Jenny. In the begining i was a waitress. i could eat anything and never gained a pound. Then i got a new job (with insurance) and got pregnant. I went from 115 to over 200 pounds. Got down to around 150-160 and just stayed there for 6 years.

I got pregnant with my now 1yo, went back up to 200+ pounds, started breastfeeding and actually started GAINING weight. Then I started MFP......

I have 6 kids... I work the midnight shift..... My excuse for never exercising is that I have to sleep somewhere in between getting home and getting the kids off the bus. Honestly I just never felt like it..... I mean come on, how are you supposed to exercise with kids around all the time? Especially when it is 30 degrees out and snow covered. Now I try to take the kids to the park or the pool for at least a couple of hours each day. Walking with the baby in a carrier is great)

Back on track..... You can do this. Start by just tracking everything you eat for a couple of days. Then you can tweak your diet as needed.
    EXERCISE CALORIES..... Some people list every little thing including food prep and cleaning or grocery shopping. If you have your activity level on your goal set to anything other than Sedentary you don't want to list it. ( If you are breastfeeding, set your goal based on no activity and add it in each day) ........ It also gives you a buffer for any hidden calories you may not realize you are eating.
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sjenny5891- You my friend are AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your story. Total inspiration :)
    Hi Katie,
    I'm Jenny. In the begining i was a waitress. i could eat anything and never gained a pound. Then i got a new job (with insurance) and got pregnant. I went from 115 to over 200 pounds. Got down to around 150-160 and just stayed there for 6 years.

I got pregnant with my now 1yo, went back up to 200+ pounds, started breastfeeding and actually started GAINING weight. Then I started MFP......

I have 6 kids... I work the midnight shift..... My excuse for never exercising is that I have to sleep somewhere in between getting home and getting the kids off the bus. Honestly I just never felt like it..... I mean come on, how are you supposed to exercise with kids around all the time? Especially when it is 30 degrees out and snow covered. Now I try to take the kids to the park or the pool for at least a couple of hours each day. Walking with the baby in a carrier is great)

Back on track..... You can do this. Start by just tracking everything you eat for a couple of days. Then you can tweak your diet as needed.
    EXERCISE CALORIES..... Some people list every little thing including food prep and cleaning or grocery shopping. If you have your activity level on your goal set to anything other than Sedentary you don't want to list it. ( If you are breastfeeding, set your goal based on no activity and add it in each day) ........ It also gives you a buffer for any hidden calories you may not realize you are eating.
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    almost 36 year old mother of two boys ages 12 and 4.
    It's tough but if you truly want it, you can do it!!!