snacking

loril13
loril13 Posts: 320 Member
What do you all have for snacks to get through the day?

I have a fiber bar in the morning around 10:00.
If I am not going ot the gym until 1:00 or after, I will have a single serving size bag of edamame.
After lunch I have a couple of clementines around 3:30.
When I get home I have a 1/4 cup of Emerald dark cocoa almonds before dinner.
After dinner is when I am not so good. I usually have a chocolate chip poptart (this flavor doesn't have frosting) with a glass of 1% milk. Sometimes with a very small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.

Replies

• I invest in snack size ziplocs. I then package a week's worth of snacks and grab them before I go to work. I have a normal breakfast when I wake up and then usually do this during the day:
    8:30 - carrots
    10:00 - mixed nuts (unsalted) and raisins
    12:00 - lunch...usually a healthy choice meal and some yogurt
    2:00 - fruit...sometimes grapes and blueberries, sometimes an apple
    5:00 - swiss cheese and a granola bar
    7:00 - Dinner time

I like the snack bags because it's cheaper than buying the individual snack packs that they offer.
  • SandyCou
    SandyCou Posts: 2 Member
    Contrary to popular belief about breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I skip that meal entirely most days. If I get hungry I drink water. I get hungry late at night, so I usually have four saltine crackers with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese split among all four crackers. My weakness? My cup of coffee every morning, loaded up with lots of cream and sugar! At least I'm only drinking one cup per day now. For a while, I was drinking two cups - way too many calories!
  • When I did nutrisystem many years ago they said breakfast gets your metabolism going for the day. I for one love breakfast and there were no restrictions with coffee but only if you drank it black. I have 2 or 3 cups a day :)