New here got some ?

Options
walleyebob977
walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
Wondering if others get sore feet? I have a good pair of shoes thinking they might be a little to aggressive. Second does anyone wear knee braces? Just hate to blow a knee out. Remember this was day 1 for me I just started insanity.

Replies

• healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My feet tend to get sore during the stretching/warmup portion of the workout, but not so much after working out. I wear a knee brace on my right knee because during my first attempt at Insanity, I blew my knee out, lol, so I suggest it, especially if you're not 100% positive your form is correct in every single one of Shaun T's movements. Good luck, and congratulations on choosing such a stimulating and addictive program! :)
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I had to spend some money on shoes too. During Insanity, my arches were killing me, especially during warm up. I got some shoes fitted to me and no issues. I also wear a knee braces. Had some major issues when I got to Max Plyo. After letting myself heal, I started wearing a knee brace on both knees anytime I have a workout that will require a lot of legs (Insanity, Combat, Leg Day on Body Beast, etc) and I modify when I have too. I have no reoccurances of injury since last September.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Plyometic type moves can be very hard on the knees. Remember you can always take the moves down a notch by taking out the jumping part, or simply slowing down. Definitely invest in a good pair of shoes. I am a long distance runner and while I hate dropping the money for shoes every few months, my body holds up longer/better because I take care to replace my shoes regularly.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    my feet used to hurt my during my plyo and other cardio workouts in p90x, i always wore running shoes... now that i have a good pair of cross trainers i havent had any problems.