New week-Goal setting!

Options
Thought I would give a heads up for all to check in on Tuesday. Let's see how we did for the week with our goal(s) that we set. We need to cheer each other on and set a new goal for next week. Hope to hear from all you lovely goal achievers! Have a great Monday.Keep up the good work. :happy:

Replies

• Luvable84v
    Luvable84v Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well with my goal last week! Had some rough nights sleeping so found getting up early impossible :(

This week I'm going to give up fizzy drinks.....Hopefully for good! Maybe this will be a little more doable :)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    This week I'm going to give up fizzy drinks.....Hopefully for good! Maybe this will be a little more doable :)

That was so difficult for me! It took me a while... first I tried cutting down to just having soda on the weekends, then just one day during the weekend. Eventually I didn't crave it as much anymore. Now I can't even finish a whole can in a day... Hubby gets after me for having flat Pepsi just chillin' in the fridge because I didn't finish it, lol. Good luck to you, it's definitely doable! :smile:

As for last week, +I didn't exercise Monday because that's my rest day, but the rest of the week I was able to get up and get at least 40 minutes in in the mornings. I'll try to stick with that this week and add cutting down on the chips. I no longer have any in the house... except the dill pickle Tim's Cascade. Those were definitely a mistake to buy... yuck, lol
  • susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    When I quit smoking,I had to give up places that would encourage me to smoke(temptations). The same goes for losing weight. I had to not bring in food,that would trigger me to lose momentum. For me,losing weight is serious business,as it affects every area of my life,most importantly,my health. I may appear too "weight" aware right now,but to get to my goal,I need to be. You will find the right way for yourself. Had to give up alcohol,as I was not one to have just ONE... New week,sugar. Be kind to yourself and just make a new goal. Hugs.
  • Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am at the end of my semester so the stress of exams and projects is starting to get to me. I find food to be very comforting and a way to to help me "zone out". When I find myself in this spot I am going to find other behaviors to sooth and de-stress myself.

I did pretty well last week with my goes for April other than not going to my math class. I swear, math is going to be the death of me. lol. This week I plan to make it to all my classes.

Keep up all the great work ladies! And have a fantastic week :)
  • Aboele79
    Aboele79 Posts: 40
    Options
    I managed to achieve my goal this week which surprised even me considering the situation. but i did it all the same :D this week i want to increase my water intake and continue with doing every planned workout ... fantastic work ladies keep it up :D
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Last week I expanded my salads with asparagus. I bought some again for this week + green onions.
    This week I'd like to try to cut back on diet soda. Most days I have 3/4 to a whole 2 liter bottle. Too much! It's got to go.
    It's good to have goals.
    Great work ladies. Keep it up.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Super! Math might do me in as well. Don't let stress undo your great work. Have plenty of "healthy" comfort foods available and maybe chamomile tea. It's calming. My thoughts are with you this week. :smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    I'm so happy for your progress,during this difficult time. Keep up the great goals!:smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    You are doing great,Evelyn. Asparagus is a super food! Love to try new vegies. Glad you are cutting back on the diet soda. Nice goals.:smile:
  • Luvable84v
    Options
    So its the end of day 4 of no fizzy drinks for me and I'm wondering what the big deal was anyway, not had any really awful cravings and have upped my water so much that I can really feel the difference. :):)

How is everyone else doing at the midway point in the week?
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    The week is going pretty well. I even worked out on Sunday though I was planning on taking the day off since my sister was visiting. I didn't do a "full" workout, but I got some in! I also tried a belly dancing dvd. It was really fun, but my initial suspicions were correct.... I'm not a natural dancer in any way. :laugh:

I have been resisting an apple fritter that has been beckoning me at work all week. So, cutting back on the junk food is going okay. I did have some trail mix that has white chocolate chips in it, but I figure that's better than some of my usual junk food.

I hope the rest of you are doing well!
  • Luvable84v
    Options
    well done bookworm :)

They say a little exercise is better then no exercise so well done fitting it in
  • susanjean62
    Options
    I have had a rough few days. Lightning hit my house and fried my modem and my dvd player as well as a flooded basement,so I have been pretty stressed. I went to do my exercise dvd and realized I can't . Think I have consumed too much sugar the last couple of days. But,guess that's life. Just tough for an emotional eater.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Way to go!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation -- my goal is the exercise plan that includes cardio, ab, strength and stretch.
    We'll see what happens.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    You go,girl! Hope you had a great vacation.:smile:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Thanks.
    My girlfriend is visiting end of May/beginning of June so I am looking forward to that.
    Plus my honeymoon in September.... looking forward to that!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    How exciting! Are you going somewhere exotic for your honeymoon? :happy:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    No exotic location.
    Going to Williamsburg VA
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Williamsburg is quaint and awesome. No matter where you go,it's a HONEYMOON! Congrats!