Wanting a Baby!

Options
jessmastrilli
jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
My husband and I have been together for 4.5 years, married for 2. I have a really good state job that I've been at for 3 years and don't really plan on getting a promotion anytime soon. However, my husband has just landed a new job. He was at a company for 3 years (very unhappy) and just started TODAY. He will traveling 1 hour one way and so we decided to get him a newer car (2012) which is now a big lump sum each month to pay for. I know we can do it, but here's the thing - for the past few months, we've been really thinking about having a baby. I would like the due date/birthday to be anywhere between March - October, which means we better get started soon. We have a terrific house that we've been at for 3 years, with a nice huge fenced in yard, and we have 2 dogs and a cat. So we are responsible. The thing is - should we wait a while before TTC to make sure his job is stable and he likes it and the fact that we now have old and new debt and should maybe pay off some of the older debt first, or should we just say, "Why wait, let's try now and we will wing it when the baby comes." I'm 23 years old - so I still have time although I had a cyst removed when I was 17 and had to have a ovary and Fallopian tube removed so I'm nervous about that, as well as the fact that I have hypothyroidism, which can lead to in-fertilization. So I don't want to wait too long :( Also hubby just turned 29 and I don't want him to be too old when we have our baby. Just lots of things to think about, and would like some valuable opinions on people who are trying, thinking about trying, or have had babies in a similar situation :) Thanks!!