Introduce yourself

Options
lindaw66
lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
Let's all introduce ourselves. I'd love to know your age and weight (if you are so inclined). Also include any information you would like to share about your weight loss journey and what lead you to this group.

I'm a 46 year old mother of three. I'm 5'2" and 182 pounds :grumble: I've tried counting calories and Weight watchers and Nutri system and Jenny Craig, and everything in between during my 20's and 30's. Now that I'm in my 40's I can't seem to make the scale go down! I've decided to give this a try. This plan is labor intensive, but my husband agreed to take care of himself and our daughter for 28 days while I give this a try:heart: So I'm going to focus on myself for once for an entire month:tongue: 13 years ago I lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers. But the difference between then and now, besides my age, is that my husband was gone for 6 months on deployment and I had complete control of all the food in the house and my pickiest kid was just an infant back then! I want to try and eat clean, but my husband and daughter aren't ready for that type of change yet.

I read the book and I definitely learned a lot about body chemistry and hormones. No matter what, the cost of the book was worth the knowledge I've gained. I'm hoping by the end of the 28 days that I will feel better and I will lose at least 10 pounds and inches all over my body.

Today is day 1, phase 1 for me and day 1 of giving up coffee :yawn: . I weighed myself this morning and I plan on measuring myself tonight. The before pictures has been taken! I've made a crock pot full of Haylie's Turkey Chili for dinner and it sure smelled this morning! I plan on walking for an hour for my cardio today.

I'm excited and I hope you are too!

Replies

• michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm very intrigued by this idea. I really like that the book is based on whole foods and a lot of science that I've been seeing in bits and pieces over the years. I'm 205 pounds and 41 years old (5'7"). I really should lose 60 pounds, but I'm eating based on losing about 40 pounds (so, 1.5 portions).

I just started the first day today, and I'm hoping we can all share recipes and other ideas in this group. I lost 30 pounds following The Biggest Loser 30-day Jumpstart (followed it for about 2 months). Two years later (after I'd regained), I did HCG and re-lost about 20 pounds. I have regained that now as well (thankfully, I'm not going past my original weight). I haven't tried anything since last summer, though I considered a few things in the meantime. I just really feel discouraged, and this plan sounds like something I could do for 28 days.

I do need to figure out things that I can make for my family. My husband tries to cook once a week, but most nights, he's working during dinner. So I'd love any recipes you all can share!
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I'm very intrigued by this idea. I really like that the book is based on whole foods and a lot of science that I've been seeing in bits and pieces over the years. I'm 205 pounds and 41 years old (5'7"). I really should lose 60 pounds, but I'm eating based on losing about 40 pounds (so, 1.5 portions).

I just started the first day today, and I'm hoping we can all share recipes and other ideas in this group. I lost 30 pounds following The Biggest Loser 30-day Jumpstart (followed it for about 2 months). Two years later (after I'd regained), I did HCG and re-lost about 20 pounds. I have regained that now as well (thankfully, I'm not going past my original weight). I haven't tried anything since last summer, though I considered a few things in the meantime. I just really feel discouraged, and this plan sounds like something I could do for 28 days.

I do need to figure out things that I can make for my family. My husband tries to cook once a week, but most nights, he's working during dinner. So I'd love any recipes you all can share!

Welcome to the group Michellyn!!!! I to tried the HCG diet and lost about 10 pounds before a wedding I attended last year in Vegas. As soon as I came back from the wedding I gained all 10 pounds and more! I'm excited that this plan is all about whole foods. So far the only recipes that I have are in the book. I tried the Turkey Chili last night and it was VERY good! My husband liked it too. So I will be making that a staple in my weekly dinners!
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

My name is Meredith, I'm 30 years old mother of two. I'm 5'5 and down to 197 lbs. I have hit a plateu and nothing seems to work so I am excited to try this. I had my son last year and was up to 250 lb so I am proud of my progress so far I just don't feel comfrontable yet and would like to loose another 30 lbs. I have been on every diet and have gained and lost so much weight, my highest weight was 330. If FMD can work for me it would be a miracle my body just loves to sit at this weight :(

So excited to start FMD, I ordered the book and should receive it any day now and am taking this week to kick my horrible caffine addiction and will be starting 4/22/13.
  • vhannah53
    vhannah53 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello everyone. My sister & I just bought the book and started on monday the 15th of april.. I sure hope I am understanding the portion correctly.. My sister is 58 & I am 59 5'7" & 5'6" she weighing 220 & me at 182.. so both trying to lose 50 60 pounds.. wish us luck. we both lost 22 pounds doing medifast..I kept 10 pounds off after a year but she has regained that plus more. so we are trying yet again...
    wish us luck as I do you all. and I sure hope I am reading the portions correctly.. is a portion per meal or per day.. I am doing per meal..hope I am correct:sad:
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Good Morning,

My name is Meredith, I'm 30 years old mother of two. I'm 5'5 and down to 197 lbs. I have hit a plateu and nothing seems to work so I am excited to try this. I had my son last year and was up to 250 lb so I am proud of my progress so far I just don't feel comfrontable yet and would like to loose another 30 lbs. I have been on every diet and have gained and lost so much weight, my highest weight was 330. If FMD can work for me it would be a miracle my body just loves to sit at this weight :(

So excited to start FMD, I ordered the book and should receive it any day now and am taking this week to kick my horrible caffine addiction and will be starting 4/22/13.

Welcome to the group! Congrats on your son and your weight loss! I went cold turkey on the coffee yesterday. I was fine until late in the day when I started to get a headach and then I woke up with the headach, but it's gone now! it only took me 2 days to read the book and really, I could have done it in one, but I had too many interuptions. Once you read the book, you'll want to make your menu and then hit the grocery and then prepare! Another suggestion I have is to get a big water jug and drink from that to help keep track of how many ounces you are getting. That has helped me stay on track yesterday.
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Hello everyone. My sister & I just bought the book and started on monday the 15th of april.. I sure hope I am understanding the portion correctly.. My sister is 58 & I am 59 5'7" & 5'6" she weighing 220 & me at 182.. so both trying to lose 50 60 pounds.. wish us luck. we both lost 22 pounds doing medifast..I kept 10 pounds off after a year but she has regained that plus more. so we are trying yet again...
    wish us luck as I do you all. and I sure hope I am reading the portions correctly.. is a portion per meal or per day.. I am doing per meal..hope I am correct:sad:

Welcome Girls! You are understanding the portions correctly. Basically you need to double everything! I've been using the recipes in the book to help me figure this all out and just double it! It's a lot of food, but it's all good for us, so enjoy! Also you can find answers to questions on her website, http://www.fastmetabolismdiet.com/ and on her Facebook page and Twitter!
  • michellyn
    Options
    It looks like we have several new members today. We'd love to have you introduce yourselves!
  • irlene
    irlene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Irlene. I bought the E book and the app for my iPhone . I started this Monday. I can't believe all that we eat, so much. I am having trouble finding top round beef which is organic to make beef jerky. Has anyone made the beef jerky yet?
  • spicyi
    spicyi Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi, my name is Christina. I'm 40 years old, 5'5, 134 lbs. I know that doesn't sound like much but I have ruined my body after an alltime high of 205 lbs when I had my first daughter. I gained 60 lbs while pregnant with her. I weighed 189 after the birth of my second daughter.I did Atkins and lost 30 lbs. Atkins is definately not a healthy way to go. After bouncing around between 150-160 for many years I signed up with weight watchers 2 years ago and lost 25lbs in a year and was down to 123. I worked hard for awhile then got lazy. We went to MX last summer and since I had lost so much weight my skin was saggy so I decided to eat a little more "regularly" and do lots of strength training to tone up for about 6 months before the trip. I did ok with that but when we came home I had lost all interest in getting my butt back in gear. Now this coming Christmas we are taking a 10 day cruise and it's time to get going. I joined the gym at the end of January. Been going every day except when I had 2 different colds. I have asthma so working out with a cold can be difficult. I have been trying to WW again but I can't seem to get dedicated.

The whole point for me to do FMD is to kickstart my metabolism. I don't eat badly but can't seem to lose anything. I love my wine and I'm sure that's the reason why I don't lose but even when I don't have my wine I still don't lose. We don't eat out and I cook mostly WW friendly meals. I'm lumpy and bumpy and flabby. I have little bones and even though I'm 5'5 I should not be carrying this much fat.

I started FMD yesterday and was down 1.4lbs this morning! I made the Chicken broccoli bowl and tonight we are having the Italian crockpot chicken. Giving up coffee wasn't hard since I only had 1 cup of decaf a day. Prepped the stuffed peppers recipe and the stuffed mushrooms recipe for P2. I'm so excited to see my body start to work the way it is supposed to!
  • PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a wife, mother, grandmother. I was a busy professional for many years, until Thoracic Outlet Syndrome forced me into early retirement and onto SSD. After that, I struggled to adapt to new restrictions on what I was able to do. Pain management helped. But the abrupt change in lifestyle took a toll on my morale and my health declined. It's hard to get back up when life knocks you down. Retiring before I turned 50 was not at all what I had in mind. That is when I was introduced to Vemma, a liquid vitamin, mineral supplement and antioxidant.

I've experienced fantastic results in my health since I began drinking Vemma. After over 20 years of taking statin drugs that didn't work, my Cholesterol is down from 224 to 162! Triglycerides down from 273 to 138! LDL down from 152 to 101! I have more vitality and less pain than I have felt in years! My glucose levels are back in normal ranges too (5 years of glucose intolerance reversed)! My next move was to start the Vemma Bod•ē™ Transformation Challenge on May 9, 2012.

Starting any Transformation Challenge with an "invisible" disability is a bit of a reach for me. I say invisible because you can't tell by looking at me that I live with chronic pain daily. My good days with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome are real bad days for most people and it can get worse after exercise. So I wasn't even sure I could finish one challenge, much less succeed. I found out the rewards from working the Vemma Bod•ē™ carb cycling program go way beyond how I look to others. It changed how I look on the inside. After 11 months of carb cycling and eating cleaner 5 times a day, my cholesterol, triglyceride, and glucose levels are better than they have been in 20+ years, even after discontinuing the statins.  I lost and kept off appx 30lbs and 17" (from 16W to 12 Misses), but now that I'm approaching my 1 yr anniversary of getting healthy, my progress has stalled. 

I'm halfway to my goal, so I have more pounds,  inches, and challenges to go.  I upped the ante by increasing the intensity of my work outs with Ten Minute Trainer by Tony Horton using resistance tubing. It's a great workout, but after a month, the upper body strenght training started to flair my condition. Traditional weight training with free weights are not an option for me I'm afraid. The  only way to get the muscles in my shoulders, neck and bank to stop spasms is resting them. I am wondering if the Fast Metabolism Diet is the answer I've been looking for, however, I am concerned that I will not be able to take Vemma while I'm on it. I can live with out the Bod•ē™ Products if I have to, but the vitamins and aloe in Vemma really help with inflamation and I don't want to give it up.  It contains mangosteen fruit and organic decafinated tea and is sweetned with fructose. 
  • PghPammy
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" btw and 56 yrs old
  • michellyn
    Options
    Welcome, Irlene, Christina, and pcarneal!
  • PghPammy
    Options
    Thanks! Call me Pam, lol
  • michellyn
    Options
    :) I'm glad to know your name now, Pam. BTW, My name is Michelle, but I answer to Michellyn, too.
  • 2eatcake
    2eatcake Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, I 'm a wife, mother of 3 boys 20, 22, & 31 and a former skinny girl, who has been gaining weight over the past 20 years. I'm 5'7", 205 ( now 202!) This is my all time high, I am disgusted with myself! I want to get down to 145 which I think is reasonable ( I was 105 back in the day), so being twice the person I was is really hard. Unfortunately I really hate exercise, but will do what is required on this plan. I'm turning 60 this month so I really feel like this is it!! My husband needs to loose as well, he's a former thin person too. He ate the chili, but not thrilled, I make an awesome chili that he is used to. I have been successful in stopping his fast food intake. I work retail, so the meal timing is a bit of a challenge, I work different hours every day. The recipes in the book are not too bad, made the chicken & broccoli bake, chili, and pepperoccini pork roast for tonight phase 2. I would like to come up with my own recipes as I love to cook, so when I do I will share with you all. Good luck to everyone, I'm so happy to have you all to share this journey with!,
    Phyllis
  • irlene
    irlene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh don't be disgusted with yourself. You are in transformation. I didn't post earlier I am 62, I weigh 211. my all time high was 225 or 226 I blocked it out. I have been working on losing weight for years now. I believe this is the answer. I'm on my third day and loving it.
  • michellyn
    Options
    Good to have you here, Phyllis! You and I are close to the same height and weight. If it's any consolation, 105 is underweight for our height. But I agree that 145 would be a great number to be. I'm not pinning my hopes on that yet, though. I'm setting my first goal at 180, then 160. I haven't been 160 since before I was married 13 years ago.

BTW, I have 4 kids ages 12, 9.5, 6.5, and 6.5.
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Hi! I'm Irlene. I bought the E book and the app for my iPhone . I started this Monday. I can't believe all that we eat, so much. I am having trouble finding top round beef which is organic to make beef jerky. Has anyone made the beef jerky yet?

Welcome Irlene. I also bought the E book and the app for my iPhone and started on Monday. The amount of food we are eating is crazy. I know that we don't need to count calories, but I decided to count them on Monday out of curiosity and I had eaten 2, 550!!!! Really???? But I still lost 1.4 pounds the next day! I decided against trying to make the beef Jerky this time as I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible. You might look on Amazon, as they have a huge variety of organic foods. I found the safflower mayo there after I bought a vegan mayo at the health food store! Good luck and let us know if you find the beef!
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Hi, my name is Christina. I'm 40 years old, 5'5, 134 lbs. I know that doesn't sound like much but I have ruined my body after an alltime high of 205 lbs when I had my first daughter. I gained 60 lbs while pregnant with her. I weighed 189 after the birth of my second daughter.I did Atkins and lost 30 lbs. Atkins is definately not a healthy way to go. After bouncing around between 150-160 for many years I signed up with weight watchers 2 years ago and lost 25lbs in a year and was down to 123. I worked hard for awhile then got lazy. We went to MX last summer and since I had lost so much weight my skin was saggy so I decided to eat a little more "regularly" and do lots of strength training to tone up for about 6 months before the trip. I did ok with that but when we came home I had lost all interest in getting my butt back in gear. Now this coming Christmas we are taking a 10 day cruise and it's time to get going. I joined the gym at the end of January. Been going every day except when I had 2 different colds. I have asthma so working out with a cold can be difficult. I have been trying to WW again but I can't seem to get dedicated.

The whole point for me to do FMD is to kickstart my metabolism. I don't eat badly but can't seem to lose anything. I love my wine and I'm sure that's the reason why I don't lose but even when I don't have my wine I still don't lose. We don't eat out and I cook mostly WW friendly meals. I'm lumpy and bumpy and flabby. I have little bones and even though I'm 5'5 I should not be carrying this much fat.

I started FMD yesterday and was down 1.4lbs this morning! I made the Chicken broccoli bowl and tonight we are having the Italian crockpot chicken. Giving up coffee wasn't hard since I only had 1 cup of decaf a day. Prepped the stuffed peppers recipe and the stuffed mushrooms recipe for P2. I'm so excited to see my body start to work the way it is supposed to!

Welcome Christina! You and I lost the same amount of weight! Was the italian crockpot chicken in the book? I need to go back and really go through all of the recipes. It is my day off today and I"m trying to get busy in the kitchen for phase 2! We are happy to have you and good luck!
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I'm a wife, mother, grandmother. I was a busy professional for many years, until Thoracic Outlet Syndrome forced me into early retirement and onto SSD. After that, I struggled to adapt to new restrictions on what I was able to do. Pain management helped. But the abrupt change in lifestyle took a toll on my morale and my health declined. It's hard to get back up when life knocks you down. Retiring before I turned 50 was not at all what I had in mind. That is when I was introduced to Vemma, a liquid vitamin, mineral supplement and antioxidant.

I've experienced fantastic results in my health since I began drinking Vemma. After over 20 years of taking statin drugs that didn't work, my Cholesterol is down from 224 to 162! Triglycerides down from 273 to 138! LDL down from 152 to 101! I have more vitality and less pain than I have felt in years! My glucose levels are back in normal ranges too (5 years of glucose intolerance reversed)! My next move was to start the Vemma Bod•ē™ Transformation Challenge on May 9, 2012.

Starting any Transformation Challenge with an "invisible" disability is a bit of a reach for me. I say invisible because you can't tell by looking at me that I live with chronic pain daily. My good days with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome are real bad days for most people and it can get worse after exercise. So I wasn't even sure I could finish one challenge, much less succeed. I found out the rewards from working the Vemma Bod•ē™ carb cycling program go way beyond how I look to others. It changed how I look on the inside. After 11 months of carb cycling and eating cleaner 5 times a day, my cholesterol, triglyceride, and glucose levels are better than they have been in 20+ years, even after discontinuing the statins.  I lost and kept off appx 30lbs and 17" (from 16W to 12 Misses), but now that I'm approaching my 1 yr anniversary of getting healthy, my progress has stalled. 

I'm halfway to my goal, so I have more pounds,  inches, and challenges to go.  I upped the ante by increasing the intensity of my work outs with Ten Minute Trainer by Tony Horton using resistance tubing. It's a great workout, but after a month, the upper body strenght training started to flair my condition. Traditional weight training with free weights are not an option for me I'm afraid. The  only way to get the muscles in my shoulders, neck and bank to stop spasms is resting them. I am wondering if the Fast Metabolism Diet is the answer I've been looking for, however, I am concerned that I will not be able to take Vemma while I'm on it. I can live with out the Bod•ē™ Products if I have to, but the vitamins and aloe in Vemma really help with inflamation and I don't want to give it up.  It contains mangosteen fruit and organic decafinated tea and is sweetned with fructose. 

Welcome Pcarneal. I don't anything about your disease, but you might want to send a question via the website,http://www.fastmetabolismdiet.com about the vitamin you take. Good luck and I hope this is the answer you have been waiting for. I hope the same for myself!