Balancing Act

Options
dani2bkickin
dani2bkickin Posts: 29 Member
Good morning ladies,
As you all may know, I have a 7 month old daughter. My husband just started school and is working 2 job. We are looking for a new house, I work full time, and am looking at going to school and where I want to go.

Does anyone else do this balancing act? What are you ways to stay sane?? :-)

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    For 2 years, my balancing act has been while my husband has been taking college courses and actively applying for other jobs. He took quite a few 'work experience' positions during this time (so working for free, sigh) and was almost always busy. But he made sure I got to gym three times a week. THAT was my way to stay sane. =)
  • dani2bkickin
    dani2bkickin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    And I think thats what we are TRYING to figure out. How to Balance that all. This is all new stuff within the past few weeks. I'm up at 4am, so working out before work....I'd need to go to bed at 7pm. ha. Trying to fit it in after work, but not too late.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I wish I had advice but I just thought I'd share I'm in a similar boat. I'm just trying to find the time and sanity to figure it out and live happily. I have an almost 6 month old, a husband recovering from surgery, work full time and want to work out.

It's tough. I wish there were more hours in the day or life was affordable on one income!

We're trying a different schedule every week until we find something that works for the both of us. Good luck- I'm sure you'll figure it out.
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm getting pretty sick of reading magazine articles about celebrity ladies who "somehow" manage to balance their busy careers and still be fabulous. If I could hire a nanny/chef/maid, I'd have time to balance more stuff, too.

It's definitely stressful. Sometimes I think, yeah, I could squeeze more into/out of this day, but when do I get to just sit on the couch and relax? I've had to take a hard look at my priorities and cut things that just weren't as important, so that I had time to do what actually made me happy. And I'm still crazy busy. Hang in there!