Week 5 Challenge: TRY SOMETHING NEW

Options
Hey Everyone...

Sorry for the delay on the challenges.... We are finally in week 5 and I am feeling like I am finally getting my groove back.... This week I decided to try the Couch25K.. So far I like it... It is def a good way to get cardio in and it is def helping me... But this made me think of all the things to be tried.. In our journies of getting healthy we all have to learn that exercise can be a key ingrediant to losing weight and toning our skin... Why not find something that we love.....

This week our challenge is to find something new and try it for 20 min a day for 3 days this week.. On Friday I will start a discussion and it will be open till Monday when our next challenge will start....... This can be working with weights, zumba, swimming, or even running....

Have a great week everyone.... and remember each day is a new day :)

Replies

• Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Already on it... Saturday I started jogging in the mornings, today was my second day. I'm only doing about 20 minutes now, but I already feel so invigorated! Last week I added strength training to my regular workouts as well. My anxiety has been trying to hinder me lately, after weeks of being pretty anxiety free, but I'm fighting through it. I'm not gonna let it stop me!

As far as food, I made a decision to eat better not just less. I'm watching my sodium, since high blood pressure runs in my family. Small steps...and I know I will have my days, but this is a lifestyle not a diet. I will do this! I may not make my goal this challenge either, but I will be lighter, stronger, and slimmer.

I realized that this journey starts in the mind. Strength of mind is key.
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to start jogging outdoors but my weather report is not going to allow this to happen with rain and storms forecasted everday...
  • ALS9861
    ALS9861 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm not starting until Sunday, but I'm giving 30 Day Shred another shot. Last time I only made it through the 1st level before I stopped. My goal this time is to complete the entire disk in the given 30 days. Just in time for Memorial Day and the start to my weekends at the beach!