RA quick relief Tips (GOT ANY?)

Options
Solidkrieger
Solidkrieger Posts: 12 Member
:glasses: I have a Physical Fitness Test comming up in 8 days. Even with the medicine I can still feel a little bit of stiffness in my neck and ring fingers/parts of my wrists. The neck dosent bother me as much but does anybody have ideas on how to handel the selling and or pain on short notice so I will be able to do push ups and sit ups? Any valid/confirmed tips would greatly help.

Replies

• letsgetit
    letsgetit Posts: 33
    Options
    NSAIDS (Aleeve etc.) may help wtih inflammation and swelling. When im really in pain my body laughs at it, but it helps with the swelling even if I still am hurting. I would start taking them a few days out at least to see what it does. When you say even with medicine, is prednisone apart of that?
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If I know I am going to be doing a lot of physical activity I will take an ibuprofen before (about 1hr.) I find this help a little but unfortunately I will pay for it later. I suggest lots of rest and lots of water before hand. Good luck and I hope all goes well for you!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am on methotrexate but take celebrex as needed. If I know I have something coming up, I will take it for a few days in advance
  • Solidkrieger
    Options
    Yes, Prednisone and Methotraxate is part of it.
  • Solidkrieger
    Options
    Thanks to everybody for their replies.