Exercise

Options
lindaw66
lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
If you are new to exercise, aim for 30 to 40 minutes of cardio during Phase One. If you already exercise regularly, aim for 45 to 75 minutes. If you're too busy to do it all at once, split it into 15-minute sessions -- a brisk walk before work, another at lunch and one more after work will do the job. For the weight lifting you'll do in Phase Two, you can get an intense, full-body workout in 20 or 30 minutes if you know what you're doing. If you're just starting out, a personal trainer or group strength-training class can help you get up to speed. Get creative! You can check out workout videos from the library to keep things interesting. And be sure to keep your exercise phase-specific: Cardio during Phase One, weights during Phase Two, and relaxation/stress relief (like yoga or meditation) during Phase Three.

Replies

• irlene
    irlene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For phase 1 I walked each of my 2 dogs 20 minutes. I had to carry them when I went uphill. I walked over a mile with each one, I was beat.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    For phase 1 I took my daughter and a friend and her three daughters and we went for what ended up being a five mile walk! So I didn't do anything for day 2, but got to bed early!
  • michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What are you all doing for weights? I don't have a routine I use, so I'm kind of floundering here.
  • irlene
    irlene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I worked out with my kettlebell. I have to be very careful with weights, I have severe arthritis in both thumbs. Thank goodness I had them injected a few weeks ago or I couldn't have done all I did.