Phase 2 Recipe Ideas

Options
michellyn
michellyn Posts: 108 Member
Share your Phase 2 Recipes here! (this is the phase I feel most "at sea" about, so I'm just using ones from the book this first week).

Replies

• CallMeQT
    CallMeQT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    From Haylie's Pinterest page: http://pinterest.com/hayliepomroy/phase-2-fast-metabolism-diet-foods/

By the way, I LOVED the stuffed peppers from the book! There is a great pic on the Pinterest page.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The Lemon/Lime sorbet looks awesome for phase 2

http://www.eastwestdaily.com/double-sorbets
  • michellyn
    Options
    I'm starting a few Pinterest boards to pin non-book recipes by phase. You can friend me on Pinterest--I'm Michelle Gilbert. If you want to contribute to the boards, let me know, and I can add you as a pinner to that board.

I know there have to be tons and tons of recipes out there that can work for these phases, and Pinterest might be the best place to make nice collections of them. I"m starting the Phase 2 board right now (and feel free to tell me if a recipe--with noted modifications--breaks any rules; I'm still learning as I go!).
  • Msburque
    Msburque Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tasty salad dressing

Tbs. horseradish mustard
    Dash of balsamic
    Tbs lemon juice
    Dash of turmeric
    Kosher salt
    Pepper
    I also like to add just a hint of stevia to cut the vinegar, which can be too strong
    Use chicken broth to thin

Whisk all ingredients and enjoy over lots of veggies and sliced chicken breast
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Baked Fish with Meyer Lemons (or regular Lemons)
    Prep time 10 minutes
    Cook time 20 minutes
    Serves 4

1 1/2 pounds cod or halibut fillets
    4 Meyer lemons (or 2 Regular Lemons) very thinly sliced
    4 shallots, thinly sliced
    1/4 cup minced fresh dill
    Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Scatter half of the lemon and shallot slices in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle the fish on both sides with salt, pepper and the dill and lay it on top. cover the fish with the rest of the shallot and lemon slices. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the fish is nearly opaque. Remove the fish, shallots and lemons to a serving platter and drizzle with the pan juices.

Phase Three Variation: Try this with wild salmon and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
  • nishelby
    nishelby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    please create your recipes in myfitnesspal and share them out. This was a discussion in another FMD topic. The format for searching purposes will be FMD P1, FMD P2 and FMD P3.
  • bccjennifervanderhamm
    Options
    Michelle Gilbert I tried to find you on pintrest. There are too many of you. Would you want to find me.
  • michellyn
    Options
    Oops! Here's are links to them:
    http://pinterest.com/michellyn/fast-metabolism-diet-phase-2/
    http://pinterest.com/michellyn/fast-metabolism-diet-phase-3/

as well as

http://pinterest.com/michellyn/fast-metabolism-diet-phase-1/ (that one is empty so far).

If any of you would like to contribute to these boards, send me your email address, and I'll set it to let you add onto it. I'm trying not to duplicate Haylie's board too much--as well as trying to keep the recipes phase specific.
  • vikdubbs
    vikdubbs Posts: 13
    Options
    If anyone has any ideas for a vegetarian that only eats eggs (no meat/fish/soy) for Phase 2 please let me know...... I hate phase 2 Would especially love a recipe for a homemade protein bar that I could use in this phase...........

Tomorrow I begin phase 3 and will try sprouted grain bread for the first time..... can't wait.

Now I am off to make .. yet another.... egg white snack!!
  • PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you Vik - just posted a similar idea about homemade bars in the FMD thread. I'm not vegetarian and I'm not happy about Phase 2

If you get Ezkiel bread you might find you like it. I've eaten nothing but for a year now (although the English muffins aren't so hot). It comes frozen so only take enough out that you will use in a day and store in frig. Spoils easily.
  • acealison
    acealison Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oops! Just saw the post with links to Michelle's Pinterest....
  • michellyn
    Options
    Alison, I don't have much on there yet, but if you want to contribute, send me your email address (you can use the private message system at MFP to keep your address from being posted here). I'd love to add lots of contributors to this board, so we don't all have duplicates of Haylie's boards.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    It occurred to me last night that a crustless quiche would fit into P2 quite nicely. I found this recipe online:

1 onion, chopped
    10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
    5 eggs, beaten (for P2 we'd use 7 or 8 egg whites)
    3 cups Muenster cheese (skip for P2)
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp pepper
    garlic, optional

Preheat oven to 350.
    Grease a 9" pie plate with non-stick spray. Cook onions until soft. Add spinach and cook until moisture evaporates, then cool slightly. Combine eggs, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add cooled spinach mixture and combine well. Pour into greased pie plate and bake for 30 minutes, then let it cool 10 minutes before serving.

You could add turkey bacon or turkey sausage, mushrooms, ...

Another recipe I saw added 1.5 cup milk (we'd use chicken broth) and 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, with turkey bacon or sausage. I'm really not sure why you'd add that much liquid to a quiche so I'd probably leave it out.
  • tbeards
    Options
    Hi everyone -

I am just starting to try and get into the habit of looking at the site and getting ideas. I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to break down the different phases; i.e. what is a list of carbs; acceptable fruits; list of proteins and acceptable veggies and "healthy" fats and oils. I am trying hard to educate myself, but really do not want to screw up. I'm fearful of eating the wrong things and putting ton weight, instead of losing. I pray someone sees my post and responds soon. Thanks in advance for your help!!!!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    This group is basically dead. I'd recommend you join a facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/503623556369614/?fref=nf I've found this group to be extremely active and supportive. I'm actually P4 now (maintenance) so feel free to message me directly if you want.