New Goal

Options
One of my goals were walking with my new friend,and sorry to say,visited with her,but didn't walk(outside). Hoping the weather will improve. We have had lots of rain. Tonite is weigh in,so am praying this week for a loss. My new goal is To go and get some weights and start weight lifting. Have a great week,everyone. Proud of all of you.:happy:

Replies

• PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I like that goal.
  • susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    I have had a bit of a rough week. Had a few days of emotional eating,but back on track,the last couple of days. The new DVD player I bought,has a missing component,so wasn't able to use my workout dvd. Wasn't going to let that stop me. I found some on youtube and made good on one of my goals. I worked out with weights and it was quite a workout. I didn't know how to put it in on the exercise diary.. I hope everyone has a great week!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    I too was perplexed on how to enter weight training on my exercise journal here.

The strength training was too specific....

Ended up selecting weight training from the cardio portion.
    (see my journal of 4/22).
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Ended up selecting weight training from the cardio portion.

This is what I've been using as well if I just do weights without doing a specific program that I already have in my diary.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I had my weigh in tonite and I was bummed as I gained 1/2 pound. That is the first gain I have had since January. Darn emotional eating. I'm back on track,as I am not going to let it derail me. I appreciate all the wonderful support and love that we have in our group. You are all such an inspiration to me. Thanks! :smile:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Your first gain since December -- and it's a 1/2 lb.
    Be proud... not bummed.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    There is something in the exercise journal called circuit training in the cardio section. That's what I use when I do workouts with different exercises and weights.

And I agree with PlumCrazyGirl - only 1/2 lb since December - that's still pretty good.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    And I'll third that! If your only gain since December is 1/2 pound, you're doing awesome. And good for you for not letting the emotional eating monster beat you :smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Thanks everyone,for your support. I guess we are our own worst critics. Have a great day!:smile:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    We are our worst critic. So, how do we beat that??
  • susanjean62
    Options
    By realizing God makes no junk and we are lovingly made to be all we can be. I am to a point in my life,that I'm tired of feeling guilty about everything and I have the right to look great and take time for myself to be happy and whole. We live in such a culture of living up to everyone's idea of perfection,that if we fail in any way,we beat ourselves up,(being our own worst critics). Someday,I hope I can honestly look at myself in the mirror,and say to myself,you are beautiful,just the way you are. Big(((hugs))) to all you precious ladies. :happy:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Yup, well said.