Bad Day

Options
Yesterday was a stressful day on my job, and I "ate" my way through it! It's so hard to overcome that habit. I have always been a stress eater, and even though I'm aware of the issue, it still doesn't stop me from making bad choices if they are available. My boss brought in a bunch of chocolate candy left over from her granddaughters' Easter baskets, and also some cake from a wedding she was at. I moved the basket away from me, out of my sight, which worked for a while. Also, I moved the cake away from our office kitchen area, as I'm in there quite a bit throughout the course of my day. Those strategies worked for a time, but when push came to shove, and the day went crazy, I found the chocolate and the cake, both! It started a domino effect for me, and I finished the day eating bad stuff at home, too.

I am having a better day today, but if I can't control my environment this issue always crops up. I can say "no" for a while, but when things get crazy, I always turn to my crutch to get through it.

Carlita