Feeling like I gain weight when I eat!

Options
I'm so happy to have found this board! I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and I have gained 15 pounds so far. That to me is a lot! With my last two children, I only gained around 10-12 pounds around this same time with an overall weight gain (at the end of the pregnancy) of 30 pounds. I feel like such a heifer this time!

With that being said, I decided to log my calories again into MFP and set my goals to "maintenance" mode. It says that I should eat about 1820 calories a day, which to me is a lot! So I have been logging my food, making good choices and I feel like I am gaining every faster now then when I was not counting calories and eating so well!

Anyone else in the same boat? I'm so afraid that I will gain 45+ pounds like I did with my 2nd child (and it took years and years to get the weight off) and I just don't want that again. I exercise (Tae Bo as well as walking) 4-5 days a week for at least 30-50 minutes a day of Tae Bo and 20-30 minutes of walking. Any ideas here?

Replies

• Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat hun.
    Unfortunatelty I was very strict with my diet pre-pregnancy and hardly ate any carbs, now I cant get enough of them and have gained 17lb in 23 weeks. The weight is quickly piling on and its panicking me. I think your exercise regieme sounds great. I persdonally would try and eat at maintenance whilst exercising. Eat if your hungry and dont if your not I guess.
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am only 4 weeks and have gained 1lb in the last week despite doing everything the same with nutrition and exercise. It's scary to feel like you have no control and that doing the right things won't help.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm not a good example, but watch carbs, sodium and stay hydrated! About 80% of pregnant women develop some sort of insulin resistance, so carb intake should be controlled!