Post Your Fast Day Recipes / Meal Ideas Here

Options
Aurora1525
Aurora1525 Posts: 62 Member
Help others in the group out! Post your fast day recipes or meal ideas here.

Here's the meal we had last night (consequently, it's also this group's logo):

2 1/2 carrots, cut into small sticks (107g to be exact)
50g of sugar snap peas
150g of cucumber
1/2 cup hummus (I use Trader Joe's 3 Layer Hummus...100 calories for 1/4 cup)

You wouldn't believe how much food this is piled on a plate. AND it was only 277 calories!

Replies

• meow_meow_meow
    meow_meow_meow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've just eaten my first fast day meal: a vegetarian version of a chicken caesar salad:

1/4 pack Quorn chicken style pieces
    1 piece wholemeal toast, shredded
    1/4 bag salad leaves
    1 salad tomato
    1/3 cucumber
    1/8 red onion
    Squeeze of lemon and 20ml low fat mayo

Was yummy, filling and only 230 calories!

Looking forward to hearing other peoples recipes :) Xx
  • Aurora1525
    Options
    My dinner tonight will be Japanese Curry with Edamame - http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/japanese-curry-with-edamame/

I've made this recipe a dozen times. It's delicious, hearty, and filling! Usually we eat it with some garlic naan, but since it's a fast day, we'll skip the bread :-)
  • Aurora1525
    Options
    3 more recipe ideas for a "fast dinner":

ORANGE AND SOY GLAZED TOFU - 281 calories for 6 triangles (half block of tofu)
    I have eaten this on my fast days and it's quite satisfying. If you still have some additional calories, I recommend serving it with some cooked zucchini.
    The recipe can be found here: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/soy-glazed-tofu-10000001911374/

TOFURKEY LETTUCE WRAPS - 45 calories per wrap (seriously...)
    2 slices of Hickory Smoked Tofurkey slices
    1/8 tsp of veganaisse
    1 large leaf of lettuce (I used romaine)
    Smear a little veganaisse on the slices of tofurkey. Place slices over lettuce. If your lettuce bends, wrap it up. Otherwise, eat it like a taco. Delicious, fast, easy to make, and super low cal! Make it a few more calories by adding a slice of smoked gouda or other sliced cheese.

CRISPY CHICKEN SUMMER SALAD - 195 calories per serving
    1 Morningstar Farms Chicken Patty, cooked, cut into bite-sized pieces (if you have a preferred brand of breaded vegetarian chicken patty, go right ahead and use it. Just know, I calculated the calories based on Morningstar Farms. Adjust as needed.)
    1 small head of romaine lettuce, chopped
    1/3 cup sliced cucumber
    1/4 cup diced carrot
    2 Tbsp Bolthouse Farms Ranch dressing (or any other low-cal salad dressing you prefer. This one is 45 calories per 2 Tbsp.)
    Mix all ingredients together. Breaded, warn crispy vegetarian chicken on the cool lettuce/vegs is delicious whether it's winter or summer. Enjoy!
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    A viable UK ready meal option (in case of a fast day emergency):

Kirstys Moroccan Vegetables with Quinoa = 276 Cals.

http://www.kirstys.co.uk/product-range/item/moroccan-vegetables?category_id=19
  • girlwithgreenhair
    girlwithgreenhair Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I only started the 5:2 diet today

For breakfast i drank 2 pints of water infused with english cucumber and Calamansi citrus.

For Lunch I had: Seared organic tempeh over organic mixed baby greens topped with Lemon Hummus and fresh homemade salsa, Organic Jasmine Green Tea and 2 more pints of water and then a teaspoon of Eat Pastry vegan chocolate chip cookie dough.

For dinner, I had: A plain medium sized russet baked potato with the tempeh/salad mix/hummus/salsa like I had for lunch and a couple of dashes of habanero sauce with 1 pint of the infused water and 1 pint of still water.

I had an hour in between my doctor's appointment and work soI just kind of threw things together. My first day, hopefully I can produce better meals as I continue this journey.
  • pinealperc
    pinealperc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do three 700 calorie fast days rather than the original recommended 2 fast days at 500 calories.

Today's Menu:

Breakfast: 2 slices Ezekiel brand bread toasted with hummus and coffee with stevia and .25 cup of Almond Breeze chocolate unsweetened almond milk.--238 calories
    Lunch: 2 cups spinach, 1 cup kale, .7 cup sweet peppers, .5 apple, .75 cup white beans, .66 TBSP olive oil, .66 TBSP maple syrup, sauerkraut, apple cider vinegar, sea salt.--345 calories
    Dinner: 2 servings Shiritaki tofu noodles, .5 cup mushrooms, 1 cup tomato sauce, 1 TBSP nutritional yeast, 2 cloves garlic.
    Snack: peach and ginger flavored komucha beverage--30 calories
    Water: 8 cups.

Total Calories = 718
  • louthlass
    louthlass Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone 🌱
    I've just joined and have also just started 5:2 (again)
    I like Mondays as a fast day.... I feel quite motivated for some reason 😊
    Today I have homemade carrot & lentil soup for lunch and a Quorn breaded fillet with a huge salad for dinner....