Thursday workouts and food

Options
angbieb
angbieb Posts: 692 Member
Plan ahead! If you do, I think you'll have better chances of your day being successful!

My plan for Thursday:

Exercise:
run 3-5 miles
strength training (even though I did NROLFW yesterday...I can't even feel it in my muscles?! so I feel like I need a more substantial workout today)
ARC 30-60 min.

Food:
tuna sandwich for lunch
apple
orange
I haven't figured out the rest yet:grumble:
I need help in the food dept.!!! I'm hoping everyone will list their food selections for the day and something will look good to add to mine!:heart:

Hope everyone has a great day...we are only 4 days away from the end of this weight loss challenge...I hope everyone ends this with a huge loss!!! Good luck...be strong...and make good choices!! Make today count!!:heart::flowerforyou:

Replies

• AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am going to do C25K on the treadmill this afternoon and I will do some strength training with my hand weights, I won't get to the gym today the kids have a 1/2 day and we have conferences tonight.

For breakfast I had FiberOne cereal w/skim milk, tuna sounds good for lunch and I put a roast in the crockpot for dinner today.

Angie you will be glad to know I did do my strength exercises last night even though I really didn't want to
  • angbieb
    Options
    I am going to do C25K on the treadmill this afternoon and I will do some strength training with my hand weights, I won't get to the gym today the kids have a 1/2 day and we have conferences tonight.

For breakfast I had FiberOne cereal w/skim milk, tuna sounds good for lunch and I put a roast in the crockpot for dinner today.

Angie you will be glad to know I did do my strength exercises last night even though I really didn't want to

I am! So proud of you!! That's when it counts the most is when you do it when you don't have to!! We do love our tuna don't we H?:laugh:
    I'm trying to incorporate more fiber into my diet too...I don't think I need to say why:laugh: Geez I'm just full of laughs today..lol!
    I'm going to open my diary again today...I don't know why I did that...

well actually I do...H...I'm going to confide in you here...I realize that I've been working out too much. I can't stop either! I've wanted to shorten my workouts for a long time because I know it's not so good for my body to do that much every day but I just can't. It's kind of sickening...but it feels so good...it's my way of getting rid of my stress and it's the way I've always worked out! I've even thought of deleting my workouts from my thread...is that a sign of a problem? Who'd think that working out could be a problem? right? Hmmmm...
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I had a 2 eggs + fetta cheese omlette and cucumber sticks for breackfast
    My plans for today:

Workouts:
    run 3-5 miles
    JM 6 weeks 6 pack
    day 2 od 30 day squat chalenge

Meals:
    Lunch - chickpea stew and cucumber sticks (love cucumber)
    snacks - apple, greek yogurt, wheat thins

I am not sure yet what I will have for dinner.
  • angbieb
    Options
    I had a 2 eggs + fetta cheese omlette and cucumber sticks for breackfast
    My plans for today:

Workouts:
    run 3-5 miles
    JM 6 weeks 6 pack
    day 2 od 30 day squat chalenge

Meals:
    Lunch - chickpea stew and cucumber sticks (love cucumber)
    snacks - apple, greek yogurt, wheat thins

I am not sure yet what I will have for dinner.

I will do day 2 of the squat challenge too! We can do it together! :o)
  • AliandTrev
    Options

I am! So proud of you!! That's when it counts the most is when you do it when you don't have to!! We do love our tuna don't we H?:laugh:
    I'm trying to incorporate more fiber into my diet too...I don't think I need to say why:laugh: Geez I'm just full of laughs today..lol!
    I'm going to open my diary again today...I don't know why I did that...

well actually I do...H...I'm going to confide in you here...I realize that I've been working out too much. I can't stop either! I've wanted to shorten my workouts for a long time because I know it's not so good for my body to do that much every day but I just can't. It's kind of sickening...but it feels so good...it's my way of getting rid of my stress and it's the way I've always worked out! I've even thought of deleting my workouts from my thread...is that a sign of a problem? Who'd think that working out could be a problem? right? Hmmmm...

I go through spurts with tuna, lately though I think I have had it 2-3 times a week. It's just so quick and easy for lunch

Try the Fiber One 80 Chocolate cereal it's actually good I was surprised. I add raspberries to it usually but I forgot to take some out of the freezer today. I wish I had the determination you do to spend that much time working out. What if you limited yourself to 2-3 long workouts each week and kept the rest an hour or less? I think you could definitely have worse ways of stress relief
  • AliandTrev
    Options
    Oh yeah, I have day 2 of the squat challenge to do too.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I have day 2 of the squat challenge to do too.
    Now that there are at leaset 3 of us on the same day, it's definitely going to keep us motivated. YAY!!!! I love doing chalenges with a group!!!!
  • addictedtoglitter
    addictedtoglitter Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My workout for today will be a 20 minute run, plus whatever I can do past that. I am finally up to being able to run about 18 minutes consistently, so I will add at least two to that. And I will lift weights for about 30 minutes. I did not plan food for today, so I will probably just head to Whole Foods and make a salad or something.

I cannot believe the challenge will be over so soon! I missed the last few weeks due to sickness and injury and didn't realize how much time had passed :noway:
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I need to jump in the shower so I'll have to post more later! So far I did day 3 of insanity and I've had peanut butter in an orowheat pocket not the best but just wanted something filling! Ill post later.

Kick some butt today ladies! !
  • LeahKRayas
    LeahKRayas Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My plan for the rest of the week?? Stop eating so much junk! It's my TOM and I have been making horrible food choices! I have managed to keep my calories with in my goal most days but not happy with my choices. So I need to get to the grocery store and get some healthier food in my house :)
  • amcmikel
    amcmikel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Me too Leah! I have been slacking some too. But we have so much going on right now, haven't been home much to cook healthy meals or even exercise.Hope to get back in full swing soon!????
  • angbieb
    Options
    For lunch I had a Caesar salad at McDonald's, came home and used my "lite" Caesar salad dressing...yuck! I feel like this was a bad choice (the dressing:angry: ) I'm mad at myself! Plus the salad was gross...so why did I eat it all? I don't know!:sad:
  • atuchon
    Options
    I'm pretty proud of myself today! I did Day 3 of Insanity it was cardio recovery. I also did my ab challenge, the 55 squats and I jogged for 25 minutes. Today was a good day!
  • angbieb
    Options
    I'm pretty proud of myself today! I did Day 3 of Insanity it was cardio recovery. I also did my ab challenge, the 55 squats and I jogged for 25 minutes. Today was a good day!

You did great today!! How long is Insanity? I want to get that and do it with you!:love:
  • atuchon
    Options

You did great today!! How long is Insanity? I want to get that and do it with you!:love:

Thank you! It's a little over 2 months! You totally should!!!
  • angbieb
    Options

Is that 30 min. workouts? How many dvd's? Do they focus on different body parts..like abs...arms..etc.? Sorry..so many ?'s!:blushing:
  • atuchon
    Options

Is that 30 min. workouts? How many dvd's? Do they focus on different body parts..like abs...arms..etc.? Sorry..so many ?'s!:blushing:

Here is a really good description I found!

http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/06/23/beachbody-insanity-how-insane-is-it/