Convertible Carseats- what do you have?!

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking, my infant one only goes up to 22lbs and he's over 18! But I did a lot of reading about safety and it seems the consensus is it's safest to keep them rear racing as long as possible. I am going to find one that goes rear for up to 40lbs since I have a big guy. I am also concerned about room. Even though I have a mid-size car (Acura TL), it is crammed on the passenger's seat with the infant seat. It would be nice to have a little more room...although my husband always drives now becuase it's too uncomfortable for him over there :)

I read this and thought at first that you were putting the infant seat *in* the front passenger seat - then I realized you must mean *behind* it :tongue:

We put our infant seat in the middle (easier to do when you only have one child), which helped, even when we had our Accord. In my husband's Civic, we couldn't do that because it would affect both front seats too much, making it too uncomfortable for the driver. We moved it to the passenger side of the back, and it meant the passenger seat had to be moved up. Same when we switched to a convertible seat and had it rear-facing. It was not a problem at all front-facing.

Yes that's what I meant. I have thought about trying the middle, but just haven't yet. I'm sure my car is about the same size as the accord.

Our Cruze is so small and my husband is a tall/thick guy we can't even put his seat in the center because where he has to have the seat it pushes on the carseat lol so we keep Jaxon's carseat behind the passenger seat and I ride in the middle in the back whenever we go anywhere. It's the most comfortable for all of us. I love the times we take my hubs' Chevy Silverado, SO much room for everyone and everything!!!! Hahaha
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    See if your store will let you take the display seat out to your car to test it out. I have a Honda CRV and I have a lot of space, but I wanted to put the seat in my car and strap Max into it to see how it was (especially if I'm going to be spending a boatload of money!).

We ended up with the Peg Perego convertible. Max can rear face until 45lbs and forward face until 65lbs in it. I have their infant seat and love it.

The safest car seat you can have is the one that fits properly in your car.

I did not even think about doing that! Thanks lady!
  • GinE73
    GinE73 Posts: 68
    Options
    See if your store will let you take the display seat out to your car to test it out. I have a Honda CRV and I have a lot of space, but I wanted to put the seat in my car and strap Max into it to see how it was (especially if I'm going to be spending a boatload of money!).

We ended up with the Peg Perego convertible. Max can rear face until 45lbs and forward face until 65lbs in it. I have their infant seat and love it.

The safest car seat you can have is the one that fits properly in your car.

Oh, I never thought to ask to try it in our car! Will do!
  • BlessedMommy3x
    Options
    We don't have them right now... But we are buying all our kids the Diono Radian rxt seats within the next few months - cant wait!

*I have a 4 yr old, 3 yr old & newborn :-)