New to the group...

Options
2»

Replies

• lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    come on, you are going to be BAMF soon, so you can pretend you are now - and soon you'll feel it! :)
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    You can do this! We have all started somewhere and most with anxiety. You have every right to be there! You will soon feel like you own the place.
  • kellieem
    kellieem Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    My mom and I started tonight!!! It was so much harder than I was expecting, but I'm really glad I went. I know my form wasn't quite right... But I'll keep working on it :)
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Hooray!!!!!!!!!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Yay! Next time will be easier and you will feel more confident :-)
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Way to start!!! The anxiety of being in a weight room will go away with time and you may start to see other women over time. I had been the only woman in the weight room for a while when I started back at the lifting routine. Just 4 months later and I see women in there all the time now. Have fun with it!
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Weee, that´s so great! Congratulation on overcoming your anxiety. You´re a bada$$. Knew that you could do it!! And it gets easier, don´t worry. The first time is the hardest, because it´s some kind of transboundering. Now you have crossed the line. Just go for it!
  • kellieem
    Options
    Thank you all for your support!! It really does make me feel better. With the way our schedules are right now, my mom and I are planning only to do this twice a week. Will we still see results, or do you think we should really try to find a time to get that third session in??
    Thanks again!!!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Two days a week will get you results, just a little slower. Plus, you will still get there faster doing 2 days a week versus 0 days a week. :smile:
  • Amazing1985RSD
    Options
    Thank you all for your support!! It really does make me feel better. With the way our schedules are right now, my mom and I are planning only to do this twice a week. Will we still see results, or do you think we should really try to find a time to get that third session in??
    Thanks again!!!

If you can get that third day in, I'd highly encourage you to do so.
  • bimmer2331
    bimmer2331 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ^^ this...

2 days will get u results but slower ...
  • kellieem
    Options
    I definitely understand that doing just two days a week will get me slower results. I figure once my mom and I have a routine down and I'm not training for the 10 k, I'll try to add the third day in somewhere!