thoughts about my mind set

Options
After I had the gastric bypass done in 2006, the weight flew off. I went to some of the groups that my doctor ran but I really feel a piece was missing that individual counseling would have been better. As my body changed my mind statyed the same. The whole process of learning new coping skills and putting them into use in a safe enviroment would have assited me so much over that last few years when different life issues blew up on me and stress climbed and I resotred back to the old coping skills. and with that here I am. I can say since I have joined mfp, i have been working towards being more aware of my choices when it comes to food.

Replies

• bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, i had my surgery, then found out at my one month post op that my doctor was moving his practice out of state, so post op support was ZERO

and that did help with regain, had i had stronger support FACE TO FACE at the time i had surgery, i would have stayed focused longer, and todays results might be better, notice i said MIGHT

part of it was me too, i got pregnant at 9 months post op, had baby she was fine, then life, and etc...
    stress... house forclosed, work / moving/ lost income/ etc etc ...
    i have always been a carb addict, even then i got pregnant with the twins, and had them , i weighed less than now.. so its my own fault for not staying on track
  • isthereafreeusername
    isthereafreeusername Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am not sure that having better support would have made a difference to me. I was on Obesityhelp for quite a while, had some other post-ops that I stayed in contact with, etc. I still strayed from what I knew to be the "right" way for me to eat. And I strayed because I thought the surgery was some "magic" cure that would allow me to do that. I don't think that I would have done much better even with the contact with a support group. But maybe that's just me. I have never been a "joiner," as evidenced by my lack of consistency with other weight loss programs in the past, i.e. Weight Watchers.

I think I was looking for an "easy" solution to my weight problems, and for a brief and glorious time, it was definitely easy. Easy in that I didn't have to think about what I was eating, only how much, and it just fell off. That was fun, wasn't it?

At this point in life, though, I'm more concerned with health issues and am focused on that as much as with losing some of the re-gain. I would really like to keep connecting with you gals and any others here who are going through re-gain pain.

Carla
  • Lynski46157
    Lynski46157 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Carla. I did not read your post until after I finished my goals and reason for joining MFP, which I did today. We must be twins! I would love to have someone to talk to about the fear of regain.

Lynn