Over on Calorie goal

Options
AliandTrev
AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
I am over calories today and well on one hand it concerns me but on the other I don't feel like I ate horribly and I did strength exercises with some jumping jacks in between reps so it doesn't give me any exercise calories added for the day.

So I guess my question is does every one stay right at/under their calorie goals or do you give yourself a little leeway. I had raised my goal from 1200 to 1300 last week seeing if that would help with loss.

Replies

• atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm not really any help but last week I kept going over. This week I went from 1200 to 1500. I'm kind of scared but it might workout better for me :) I also am not as hungry but I'll have to see if I can still lose!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I use the road map, eating TDEE -20% thing so I know I have some leeway if I go over. Using the calculations I give myself the goal of 1660, but I know that as long as I eat less than 2080 I will still have a deficit.

I definitely feel disappointed with myself if I go over the 2080, but I also look at what I'm eating. If I'm eating poorly then I challenge myself to eat healthier the next day. If I'm eating healthy but go over I feel less bad, because at least I'm sticking to my goal of eating well and I know I can work harder to eat a little less in the future. Don't know if this helps, but it's how I look at things. :smile:
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I try to even it out...if I go way over I subtract that many calories from the next day. :smile: