Dreaming of Cheats

Options
pattyproulx
pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
I remember reading stories about people doing the Whole30 and dreaming of chocolate, or chips, or just cheating in general. At the time, with a slight air of condescention, I thought, "Wow, that's intense. Those people must have really been addicted to their sweets.'

Well holy crap, these last two nights, I've been dreaming about cheating non-stop. It's awful, haha. I even dream of dreaming about cheats!

In my dream, I'll be eating some chips or chocolate and then clue in that I'm doing the Whole30 and I'm all upset that I ruined it. Then I wake up from that dream, relieved that it was only a dream. Only to still be in a dream and end up eating candy or some other crap and repeating the cycle.

How stressful! haha. I hope this stops soon! The thought of having to start again at Day 1 is stressful enough when I'm only on Day 4 or 5. I can't imagine how depressed I'd get if I was still having these dreams with a week left :P

Anyone else dreaming about food?

Replies

• SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I'm sure I will...
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I totally dreamt that I cheated on night 1. I remember, I was eating a cupcake that didn't even taste good in my dream when I realized I was doing the Whole 30. I felt so guilty afterwards! My dreams aren't about how much I miss food, they're about how I messed up or had no willpower.

The last few days of Whole 30 are the worst, because then the dreams are about "Damn, I got this far and then cheated". Thank goodness in reality I'm way stronger than in my dreams/nightmares.
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    No cheat dreams but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't planned my first meal for day 31!! *coughcupcakescough*
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    No cheat dreams but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't planned my first meal for day 31!! *coughcupcakescough*

BAHAHAHA! What you dream of eating on Day 31 will probably change by the time Day 31 actually gets here! I look forward to seeing if that's true for you...
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I imagine I will be spending the entire 30 days dreaming about my cheats. I also have a feeling that I wll spend this weekend dreaming about something related to it as well. However, I'm still super excited about starting on Monday. And although I have yet to start, I don't think I will be planning my meal for day 31 (I know that's easier to say since I haven't started yet) but I think I'm actually the opposite, I know I'm making week one harder for me by indulging in all of the stuff that I will be giving up but I'm hoping to embrace this new lifestyle and turn Paleo/primal after the 30 days that I don't even want to think of all of the foods that I used to consume regularly.
  • pattyproulx
    Options
    I imagine I will be spending the entire 30 days dreaming about my cheats. I also have a feeling that I wll spend this weekend dreaming about something related to it as well. However, I'm still super excited about starting on Monday. And although I have yet to start, I don't think I will be planning my meal for day 31 (I know that's easier to say since I haven't started yet) but I think I'm actually the opposite, I know I'm making week one harder for me by indulging in all of the stuff that I will be giving up but I'm hoping to embrace this new lifestyle and turn Paleo/primal after the 30 days that I don't even want to think of all of the foods that I used to consume regularly.

That's a great way to think about it. Usually, when we do something like this, my wife and I reward ourselves with something terrible (Pizza Hut and DQ?) lol.
    She asked me earlier today what I'd want to reward myself with. We're thinking of doing some homemade sushi or Paleo-pizza instead - which is definitely better! (I will be having a beer though haha).
  • Melany502
    Melany502 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    LOL! I used to have those dreams with my first whole30.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    As most of you know, I'm one week behind you and just got started today but I already had my first cheat dream last night and it wasn't even about what I was eating! I was more upset that I had already ruined my first whole30!
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had my first angry cheat dream last night. Dreamt I was at a family gathering (my family eats horribly!) and I shoved a handful of tortilla chips in my mouth & started chewing. I near immediately realized what I was doing - EVIL CORN - and spit it out like it was poison. My reaction to the dream was the same - total pissed off I'd ruined my Whole30! Crazy!!!
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I did cheat this weekend and now am dreaming that I go way more off the deep end than I already did. Sometimes when I wake up I'm not sure if I really ate that hoagie or not.
  • explore_live
    explore_live Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Phase in food slowly after the whole 30 you have to learn how you body is affected by what you fuel it with.
  • pattyproulx
    Options
    Hadn't had one in a while but I did last night again. Such a depressing feeling haha. Thank good I have more willpower in real life :p