Long run days result in a hollow leg

Options
brcampan
brcampan Posts: 10 Member
I have a quick question regarding eatting on long run days. If I run over 6 miles I find that I can not get full after my run and later in the day. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to eat before or after that will help with this.

I have tried oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, smoothies so I am looking for more options or suggestions on what to do different.

Thanks!

Replies

• twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any answers, I struggle with this as well. I'm still trying to lose some weight, but on long run days I am SO hungry, I worry that I'm undoing all the hard work I've done. I try to eat more protein and fat but in smaller amounts, every hour or two when I'm really hungry. Tricks the brain into thinking I'm eating more when I'm still staying in my calories.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    This isn't really an answer just my experience. After my first half marathon 13.1miles I just wanted water and some sugar to boost my energy levels, however 2weeks later for my 2nd one directly after I had water but didn't want to eat but 15mins later went to Harvester and had a chicken and bacon stack with chips and a pint of Thatchers Cider, safe to say I could only manage half of my plate and pint but I knew I had to eat so in a way forced it down.

After this I felt fine, at the end of the day you need to listen to your body but occasion you have to push it.