Week 2

Options
MelissR75
MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
So Im starting week 2 today and Im happy about that as I really thought I would never be able to hang with this program. It is super hard but Im really enjoying the challenge. Anyone else just starting out? And for those have completed the first month, when did you reach that point where you could complete each interval??

Replies

• tyal0523
    tyal0523 Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm starting Month 2 for the second time Monday, I didn't start pushing through the whole workout without rest until my second round lol, and it's still kicking my butt!!!!!
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 in 2 days.. Tomorrow is my recovery. I teach Zumba and I would like to think my class is intense, but not like INSANITY. I have managed to gain a lb, but I know, if for nothing else, this program will make me stronger and hopefully leaner.

I have to admit that I prob could've gone harder, but I am so tired!! How did your first week go? Do you feel like you gave it 100%?
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I really pushed myself the first week, even now being 9 days in Im trying to push past where I was last week. I actually love the Pure Cardio dvd...Id take that over Plyo cardio anyday!! lol
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am 100% with you on that. Plyo Cardio brought tears to flow the first time I did it and I thought it was just me that was so out of shape that I couldn't do some of it, especially the 3rd circuit. I found that the 2nd time I did it though, I was able to do more so I guess something is better than nothing.
  • Shazoo00oo
    Shazoo00oo Posts: 7
    Options
    I HATE plyometrics, and just so you know, I saw a video with SHAWN T posting on youtube about being happy that he only had to stop one time during them and that it was the first time that has ever happened, so don't feel bad about taking breaks.

I'm in month 2 and I definitely take breaks, especially with the upper body portions.

I'm definitely planning on going through it all again (maybe take off 2 weeks to run), maybe I'll have a no-break session then :D
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just started my second week (10 days in) as well! 25 y/o female 5'0 tall somewhere around 147lbs right now. My last weigh-in yesterday I was 145. I am taking in about 1,300 calories a day, trying to not starve myself and trying to eat right.

I really like Pure Cardio, and all of the workouts are okay (I've tried them all at least once), but my feet are killing me. Sometimes I have to stop a workout just because my feet hurt, even though the rest of my body could keep going. Trying to keep a towel down to prevent this from happening. I can only do like half of the moves on the DVD's, but when I finish the videos I'm drenched in sweat so I'm pretty confident that I'm getting a good workout!

I'm anxious about not losing weight on this program, I've heard so much about people losing inches (which is great) but not weight. I'm worried I'll just build muscle UNDER my fat, haha. Some people's before and after's are amazing and some are just so-so. For all that work I want amazing results! Haha.

SO GLAD to have found this thread, I need to give it 100% every time. Love reading all of your guys' posts. So encouraging.
  • xtina_p
    xtina_p Posts: 3
    Options
    i'm also on week 2! started last monday and it's kicking my butt. i'm glad i'll be done by the 3rd week of july and can't wait to see what my body can do and possibly be in the best shape i've ever been in.... all in time for the summer!

is anyone else doing this in an apartment? i can't do the crazy jumps and i do it barefoot.... so far so good. i've never sweat like this before.
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Definitely not in month 2 ;)

This is my second round but because I completed the first round months ago, I'm basically starting over. I'm now on month 2.

Breaks are good. You see people on the videos take breaks as well and those are professionals and graduates. If you push yourself hard, you will more or likely need those breaks because your heart rate will skyrocket every time you do it. Unless you are Ariel of course. This girl is an Insanity monster.

xtina_p: I'm visiting my family now and they are on the second floor. I don't do any of the crazy jumps and just find an alternative to keep my heart rate up. I miss them though.

Feel free to add me! I need more Insanity junkies on my friends list :)
  • fkwamboka
    fkwamboka Posts: 3
    Options
    I am on week 2 and have never aweated this much in my life !. Its a chalenge especialy in my almost 100 degree temp in my garage .Let keep at it .Finding so much inspiration from everyone here .:smile::smile:
  • fkwamboka
    fkwamboka Posts: 3
    Options
    I am on week 2 and have never sweated this much in my life !. Its a chalenge especialy in my almost 100 degree temp in my garage .Let keep at it .Finding so much inspiration from everyone here .:smile::smile:
  • nancyadelgado82
    Options
    I just finish cardio recovery an:smile: d I love insanity I am in my second week. Do you guys do it in the morning or in the evening