April 24th - May 1st: Skinny Salisbury Steak

Options
J3nnyV
J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
Number 24 on Gina's list is Skinny Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy.

The full recipe can be found here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/skinny-salisbury-steak-with-mushroom.html

The ingredients are:

Skinny Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 8 • Size: 1 patty with mushroom gravy • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 202.8 • Fat: 7.8 g • Protein: 21.7 g • Carb: 10 g • Fiber: 1.2 g • Sugar: 1.7 g
Sodium: 524.7 mg

Ingredients:

1 1/2 tsp oil
3/4 cup onions, minced
1 lbs 93% lean ground beef
1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 large egg
1 large egg white
2 cups beef broth
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper, to taste
8 oz sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, to taste
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/4 cup water
chopped parsley for garnish (optional)

I notice that it serves 8...so I think I will try to make and serve this on Thursday night when we are expecting my parents to come for dinner.

Cook on Friends!

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will have to try this one for sure! :)
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wohoooo!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm not a red meat fan but my husband is, and he wants me to make this. It's on the menu for later this week!
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I will try making the gravy later this week and the steak for my husband. Will let you know how it turns out
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner last night and it was a huge hit! It made the house smell delicious too!

I only cooked 6 of the 8 patties bc I didn't have a pan big enough for 8, plus there were only 4 of us eating them (plus a toddler). I ended up serving it with a bag of Sweet Kale salad from Costco and some home made mushroom chow mein that a family friend made and dropped off as a surprise. The noodles and Salisbury steak dish actually went together really well, even though it sounds unconventional! Next time, I pan to try it with mashed potatoes.

So good - I will definitely add it to the repertoire!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight for my husband and he LOVED it!

I made it into 6 patties because he has a man appetite. He said it was the best meal he has had in a while, and it's on his Top Ten list of things people have cooked for him.

I'll be making this again for sure!
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This was good, and one patty was very filling. I froze four of the patties, so I just need to make the gravy next time. May have added a bit too much vinegar/Worcestershire sauce to the gravy.
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bummer I never got around to making Salisbury steak this week. It will definitely be in my list to try though. It's hard to choose a recipe from Skinnytaste since they are all so good!
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm running a bit late, but I promise I will make this tomorrow for dins :)