Low Carb, Low Energy?

Options
AmandaBlue1
AmandaBlue1 Posts: 19 Member
Hey guys,
Just wondering, I am going low carb and for the most part I have to say, its working for me. After a few days of feeling anxious and agitated, I seem to have settled into it and of course there are many delicious filling things to eat that are high protein low carb.
The problem is that I feel soo...low....energy.
Anybody experienced this before with a low carb diet plan? I am trying for less then 75 carbs a day to start, and once I adjust I'll bring it down again. Im eating lots of nice fish and chicken and drinking coffee to try and combat the sleepiness but it doesn't seem to be helping that much!
If this is just part of the process (im on day 5 I think?) I can get through it as long as there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Thanks!

Replies

• grk_tigris
    grk_tigris Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Just wondering, I am going low carb and for the most part I have to say, its working for me. After a few days of feeling anxious and agitated, I seem to have settled into it and of course there are many delicious filling things to eat that are high protein low carb.
    The problem is that I feel soo...low....energy.
    Anybody experienced this before with a low carb diet plan? I am trying for less then 75 carbs a day to start, and once I adjust I'll bring it down again. Im eating lots of nice fish and chicken and drinking coffee to try and combat the sleepiness but it doesn't seem to be helping that much!
    If this is just part of the process (im on day 5 I think?) I can get through it as long as there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
    Thanks!

In going low carb did you increase you ratio of protein (by way of protein shakes, etc) or just reduced carbs without changing anything else?