NEED ADVICE FOR DAILY CALS FOR FIRST MOMMIES.

HI GALS,
IM ABOUT 8 WEEKS PREGNANT.
THIS IS MY FIRST PREGNANCY. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY CALS DOES I HAVE TO CONSUME DAILY?
I USED TO WORKED OUT AND EATING HEALTHY YEAR AGO. I AM 5'0 i USED TO WEIGHT 120-124. NOW WEIGHT OVER 140 DUE TO BAD EATING HABITS FOR THE PAST MONTHS. I DONT KNOW HOW TO BE FIT OR WHAT CALS I HAVE TO CONSUME NOW THAT IM EXPECTING MY FIRST ONE. I NEED ADVICE PLEASE.

Replies

• ashches
    ashches Posts: 2
    Hi there! I know how you feel. It is recommended that you consume about 300 calories (that's like a yogurt and a bean burrito) more than your regular intake (so much for eating for two), so if your 5'0 then your reg cal intake should be around 1300 so 300 more than that = 1600. Also I'd recommend keeping a daily food intake journal, I found a great one at the site below. Simply by writing everything down, not just using an online tracker (which I find I forget to fill out sometimes.) Physically writing it down for me helps me to be more aware. I gained a lot of weight in my last pregnancy and it caused some problems during my son's birth, so I recommend being really careful, it is not worth the risk of a baby's life. I went in with the attitude, well I'll just loose it after I have him, but now I'm pregnant again. So if you're careful and health conscious you can avoid future problems. Congratulations by the way! Also if you're feeling up to it, a daily walk will go a long way, if you don't feel like prenatal work outs.

good luck
    -Ashley

http://favorite-weight-loss-tips.com/2013/01
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    My advice is to eat at maintenance for the first trimester then increase your calories when you start getting hungrier or when you get to the second trimester. I've been gaining really well and am not hungry eating at an increase of about 150 calories a day during the 2nd trimester (I do go over some days). I would start with that and listen to your body and increase your calories if you are still getting hungry. Based on my weight gain so far, if I added 300 extra calories every day during pregnancy, I would go way over the recommended weight gain.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Hey guys, I am thirteen weeks, I have gained 1.2kg so far. i am trying to stick to maintenance as far as possible, :smile: This is not always easy but I am dedicated to eat properly and healthy for my little love:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    HI GALS,
    IM ABOUT 8 WEEKS PREGNANT.
    THIS IS MY FIRST PREGNANCY. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY CALS DOES I HAVE TO CONSUME DAILY?
    I USED TO WORKED OUT AND EATING HEALTHY YEAR AGO. I AM 5'0 i USED TO WEIGHT 120-124. NOW WEIGHT OVER 140 DUE TO BAD EATING HABITS FOR THE PAST MONTHS. I DONT KNOW HOW TO BE FIT OR WHAT CALS I HAVE TO CONSUME NOW THAT IM EXPECTING MY FIRST ONE. I NEED ADVICE PLEASE.

Maintenance for first trimester
    100 calories extra second trimester
    300 calories extra third trimester

If you are already overweight, you probably don't need to eat that much over your maintenance. If you have a very low body fat, you should definitely be eating more.