Choose to be positive

Options
Inshape13
Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
Since I started changing my life a year ago I had to take a real look at myself and see what I was honestly working with. Who was I and what about me led me to get to the weight I was?

It took me a while to really admit that I am not one of those people who always sees the glass half full and the silver lining on each cloud. There are those people out there that naturally light up a room with an infectious smile and positive attitude, but for too long I became jaded from events that happened in my life. I let things that happened to me turn me into a negative person and that had to come to a screeching halt.

In the beginning I must admit that it was not easy to turn around years filled with a lack of positive views, but it was doable one single moment at a time. I could change into the person that I knew I could be and that was a person that was happy and supportive. I had to stop taking offense to what people thought of me and do things based on who I was and what I felt was complete honesty and what was the kind and right thing to do.....if they did not agree with me then that was them and I had to know that their opinion of me was just that, their opinion. I had to step forward from a place of kindness and support those around me regardless of what others were acting like and it had to come from the heart.

Getting to a place of happiness and positivity is a work in progress, but I make the choice to live a happy and helpful life and I hope you all do too.

Replies

• keepitnewmarcia
    keepitnewmarcia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It was great to read your thoughts this morning. Many go through something like you describe. For me a major accident, a car ran over me when I was walking home from work, turned my life around quite a bit. I was somewhat positive, some of the time, before the accident. Now I am very positive. I have problems, some fairly big ones, but I work through them and my spirituality helps me. I work through them, and in the past I had not means of doing this. I really believe the hardships and pain make me grow, that's my silver lining. I did hear something recently, not trying to minimize what you said, but have to share this. Picture a turtle upside down on his back/ shell, flailing his four feet around in the air, turning a little on his shell/back. He says, I'm flying, I'm flying. Now that's an optimist!
    Take care, have a good Sunday and thanks for making me think!