Why do I put myself through it?

Options
124»

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Wrong again Zach. People with those exact "issues" find mates all the time. Everyone has a dealbreaker for someone, and there's always going to be someone thats compatible. Janie limited her dating group by saying no sex until marriage, but she still found a great man. I limit mine by not dating guys with kids (I am not mature enough to be involved with kids on a regular basis, I live a very selfish life). Another friend of mine only dates other runners, her bf is perfect for her. Yes there is a standardized recognition of beauty but most people manage to not have classic cookie cutter appearances and still find love.

OP if you are unhappy with aspects of your life that carries into your attitude. I would say more than anything if you focus on being happy and healthy everything will fall into place for you. But there's a lot of immediate practical advice in here for primping your profile that you can use effectively and it isn't the one telling you that you aren't good enough.

Perfectly worded Kits!

It isn't about losing X amount of weight. I learned that the hard way. I thought, "oh, if I lose weight I'll get more attention." Wrong. Maybe I got a few more looks but nothing meaningful came of me losing weight. There are 500-pound obese people in love, perfectly average people in relationships, and there are 5'5 100 pound models that are single. It's not all about looks and weight.

That is the only thing that keeps me going, OP...knowing that if others who are imperfect have found love, that is entirely possible for me (and you).

Actually Kit, again this is why I have you on ignore.

You are using what is called a "straw man argument". You are assuming that my premise was "people with these issues will never find mates". That was not my position at all.

My position is that if she wants to improve and increase the pool of men she chooses from (aka increase her attractiveness) these are things that hinder her. Of course she cannot do anything about her child. She can however lose BF%. That would increase the amount of men that are attracted to her.

Please stop with fallacies. Google straw man if you need help. This again, is why I have you on ignore.

This is the third time you've pointed out you have me on ignore and then you respond to me anyway. I'm doubting it's effectiveness.

Also, it's not a straw man argument, if what I was saying was a fallacy as you described it, it would be a red herring.

However, the way you framed your original statements was not set up in a way that portrayed what you have now clarified was your intent. Since your argument has changed, you are actually suffering from a fallacy known as "moving target". Go on. Google away.

:yawn:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    This is the third time you've pointed out you have me on ignore and then you respond to me anyway.

yeah, I lol at people saying "I'm ignoring you... that's why I wrote half a page to rebut you"
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    This is the third time you've pointed out you have me on ignore and then you respond to me anyway.

yeah, I lol at people saying "I'm ignoring you... that's why I wrote half a page to rebut you"

It's attention *kitten* behavior. I've ignored people before and I've yet to make a big deal about it in the hopes that they see it and it hurts their feelings (I can only assume that's why he keeps saying it over again over again?)
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Work has been ridiculous since I posted!

Regarding the missing teeth and being old. I'm 32. If you're 50 and missing teeth, do you really think I want to date you? No.

Now, being heavy - I'm here right? I'm working on it. I run 3 days a week and do weights 3 days a week. I do about 1 5k a month and excited to be doing the Warrior Dash in June. Are the races and WD in my profile? Hell yea, I'm excited to be doing this. If you like sitting on the couch all the time eating bags of chips and bon-bons 7 days a week, we will not get along.

Being single with an 8 year old girl and a dead beat that sees her maybe 4 times a year, no, nothing that I can do about that. I go out kid free, have babysitters to watch her, but I'm not going to not mention that I'm a single parent in my profile. I've checked out Meet Up but most of the stuff is at times that I can't participate in :( And, no, I don't think I 'wink' or e-mail anyone "out of my league". If the profile says they want someone tiny and slim, that's not me.... we may match up with our interests, but I'm not what you want.... moving on and not wasting my time. I'm about average with a few pounds to lose.

I'll message my profile to a couple of you that have expressed interest in looking it over for me. Thank you!

Thank you for all the responses and advice!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Work has been ridiculous since I posted!

Regarding the missing teeth and being old. I'm 32. If you're 50 and missing teeth, do you really think I want to date you? No.

Now, being heavy - I'm here right? I'm working on it. I run 3 days a week and do weights 3 days a week. I do about 1 5k a month and excited to be doing the Warrior Dash in June. Are the races and WD in my profile? Hell yea, I'm excited to be doing this. If you like sitting on the couch all the time eating bags of chips and bon-bons 7 days a week, we will not get along.

Being single with an 8 year old girl and a dead beat that sees her maybe 4 times a year, no, nothing that I can do about that. I go out kid free, have babysitters to watch her, but I'm not going to not mention that I'm a single parent in my profile. I've checked out Meet Up but most of the stuff is at times that I can't participate in :( And, no, I don't think I 'wink' or e-mail anyone "out of my league". If the profile says they want someone tiny and slim, that's not me.... we may match up with our interests, but I'm not what you want.... moving on and not wasting my time. I'm about average with a few pounds to lose.

I'll message my profile to a couple of you that have expressed interest in looking it over for me. Thank you!

Thank you for all the responses and advice!

For the meetups what times can you do something? You should come to http://www.meetup.com/Mecklenburg-Athletic-Club/events/115287032/