Is anyone here training for a specific run?

Options
:D Well I decided to sign up for The Color Run on September 21st...I'm super excited. It's an awesome way to add some pep in my step when I have those off days and can hardly drag myself out the door to run, lol.

Anyone else?
I also wanted to share this:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-NOT-to-run-your-first-5k-or-10k-race/

Replies

• pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I wish! There's one I really want to do mid-August but I already have a vacation planned that weekend. It's called "Run for your lives!" and it's a 5k/obstacle course that has zombies chase you. (Can you sense a theme in me?)

I'd like to sign up for the Color Run but they haven't announced the dates around here yet :(
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Ooh I was reading about that! I want to do a similar one but I want to work on my speed a little bit, lol.

Hmm, well hopefully they will soon! Seems like a really nice way to start out :]
    There are 5ks that are basically the color run with a different name, too. I think it's Color Vibe.
  • crystalallor
    Options
    I started this in January to get ready for a color run in May. Of course, I'm from Michigan and the weather got very cold so now I'm starting all over and won't be ready for the 5k in May but I'll be happy just to finish even if I have to walk some of it.
  • psuhorseshoe
    psuhorseshoe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There is a Zombie Run in October for Halloween, where Zombies chase you. Sounds like fun, but I am a HUGE scaredy cat and am very skittish when things pop-out. In all honesty, I think i could possibly pee my pants in a run like that. However, there is a run in September at Dorney Park where YOU are the Zombies, and you have to catch the people. It might be a little less scary not being chased. I just started however, so I will have to see if I think I will be ready for it when the time gets closer.

Other than that, I want to find a 5k for a good cause and run for a few of those as well.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    Options
    I started this in January to get ready for a color run in May. Of course, I'm from Michigan and the weather got very cold so now I'm starting all over and won't be ready for the 5k in May but I'll be happy just to finish even if I have to walk some of it.

Oh fabulous! I'm doing a color run in September. Tell me how you like it? Is this your first 5k?

There is a Zombie Run in October for Halloween, where Zombies chase you. Sounds like fun, but I am a HUGE scaredy cat and am very skittish when things pop-out. In all honesty, I think i could possibly pee my pants in a run like that. However, there is a run in September at Dorney Park where YOU are the Zombies, and you have to catch the people. It might be a little less scary not being chased. I just started however, so I will have to see if I think I will be ready for it when the time gets closer.

Other than that, I want to find a 5k for a good cause and run for a few of those as well.
    I thought about doing one of those but I get punchy when I'm startled. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to punch the volunteers :x
    I'd love to be a zombie though oh my gosh, that sounds fun >;3
  • psuhorseshoe
    psuhorseshoe Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I thought about doing one of those but I get punchy when I'm startled. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to punch the volunteers :x
    I'd love to be a zombie though oh my gosh, that sounds fun >;3
    [/quote]

Do you watch New Girl? The scene with Nick Miller in the in the haunted house is priceless! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w8iCYxSVUc The video quality stinks, but it would essentially my my reaction too.

Especially this one right...http://lice.tumblr.com/video_file/34681959431/tumblr_mcqk6fuS4C1rqj8wb
  • DandelionCupcakes
    Options
    lolol No I haven't followed the show, but that'd be me, too.
    I'd end up curled up in a ball screaming, they'd be like "Um hello, this is a 5k..you're supposed to run? Not karate chop at strangers and cry..?"
  • crystalallor
    Options
    The color run I do in May will be my first 5k. I thought it would be good to start with fun runs that are okay with walking in the event I can't run the whole thing. My friend will be doing it with me and she runs 1/2 marathons so I'm hoping she will keep me motivated to run more of it then if I did it alone.

I will let everyone knows how it goes. If I enjoy it, I also plan to sign up for a zombie run in October. In that one everyone dresses up like a zombie. My friend and I plan to buy 90's bridesmaids dresses.
  • crystalallor
    Options
    :D Well I decided to sign up for The Color Run on September 21st...I'm super excited. It's an awesome way to add some pep in my step when I have those off days and can hardly drag myself out the door to run, lol.

Just finished my color run on Saturday, it was AMAZING! I couldn't run all of it, but it was a lot of fun and you will have a blast!
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    A Color Run in October
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do the actual Zombie Run, but more likely first is the Color Run, and maybe the Gritty Goddess in Galveston (http://www.grittygoddess.com/gritty/information.html).
  • crystalallor
    Options
    I've decided to sign up for a zombie run Aug. 3. My husband seems really interested in it and I'm glad he's finally coming on board with my running. Should give me time to finish the training as long as I don't keep re-doing weeks. Which means I need to get more motivated during the free form runs.