Wow! No time is right!

Options
ladymnlite
ladymnlite Posts: 19 Member
LOL

I just joined this group today because I have a 2 year-old and was looking for support while I'm trying to lose weight. The last post here was 9 months ago! I'm not really complaining, I just think it's kind of funny that the description says the group is for parents who have no time and well.... no one has had time to post here in a long while.

Do people still pop in from time to time? Or am I simply posting this for myself? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Replies

• dmarie1181
    Options
    Hi, I pop in from time to time to see if there's been any new posts! I have a 5 year old and an 18 month old. I have to make the time to check on MFP while at work because I don't have a home computer.

Any ways, welcome to MFP!!! What are you currently doing to lose weight? I have recently started doing my workouts/walks in the morning so I can hopefully become more consistent!
  • ladymnlite
    ladymnlite Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been watching my calories and have been trying to do Zumba at least once a day. So far, so good. I'm a little sore and not very motivated today so I'll probably try to squeeze in a walking workout during my break at work tonight.

Thanks for popping in! :) It's nice to meet you.
  • dmarie1181
    dmarie1181 Posts: 23
    Options
    I've been wanting to try Zumba! Looks like a lot of fun. I have a hard time with staying within the range of calories I need to stay in :( I'm real bad about eating too much and eating just because it's there. I keep trying though and eventually I will get this under control. Having a super hard time this past week with both though cause I've had so much going on. Starting today off right!

I should start walking on my breaks at work again. I did a couple years ago and lost weight, I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight by doing that and eating better along with a few 30 minute walks a week. Then I got pregnant again and haven't been able to get my motivation back.
  • ToddlerMom2011
    ToddlerMom2011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to having no time. On top of working full time, and caring for my toddler, my husband works nights. Which means my day starts at 5am and doesn't stop until 8:30pm. I have no idea where I am going to fit in time to exercise. My daughter wants to be with me all the time, so the most time I have is 2 mins here, 2 mins there.

Any ideas?
  • shandyw
    shandyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group today as well
  • shandyw
    shandyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to having no time. On top of working full time, and caring for my toddler, my husband works nights. Which means my day starts at 5am and doesn't stop until 8:30pm. I have no idea where I am going to fit in time to exercise. My daughter wants to be with me all the time, so the most time I have is 2 mins here, 2 mins there.

Any ideas?

I can relate. I work full-time and my husband works nights. I try to exercise at home but the kids are all over me. I do squats.... they're crawling between my legs; I do push-ups, they're climbing on my back; I do jumping jacks, they're trying to hang onto my legs; and I do sit-ups, they're bouncing on my belly. I get up at 5:30 am but I definitely will not kid myself into thinking I will work out that early in the morning. I have not been able to go to the gym because of my husband's work schedule so I am slacking on working out.