180 days until Detroit marathon

Options
Time2Thrive
Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
Hey everyone,

Been on a break from my focus these last few months as I have been working 70+ hours. Life is getting back to "normal" (I know...I know that's all relative). Time to refocus on continuing to be healthier.

Today I am 180 days away from the Detroit marathon. Nervous to say the least. This will be the biggest event and run I have done ever. I have run several half marathons in the last couple of years and uncountable 5Ks.

Looking forward to this new chapter in my life and would love to share the experience with as many as possible.

Replies

• IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!

I used to run, many years ago. I just started C25k program to get back to running. My goal is to do the Detroit Marathon by the time I am 40, which gives me 2 years.

Keep us updated on your progress!
  • Time2Thrive
    Options
    Thank you. The C25K is a great program. I did something similar to it a couple years ago and have been refining my skills since.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm so new to this whole running thing that I've never even heard of the Detroit marathon. Good luck to you and I would love to participate someday. I'm working my way up to running a 5K in August (I unfortunately will not be ready for the Riverbank Run this year).
  • Time2Thrive
    Options
    Congrats on starting to run. It's great!! If you ever need questions answered please let me know.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I definitely won't be running the marathon, lol, but I'm planning on doing either the 5k or if I can find enough people the marathon relay! Never been to the Freep races (Just started running last year), so I'm excited! Good Luck!