Defiance

Options
Zalovar
Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
Has anyone here played this game yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

I saw the pilot of the TV show, thought it was pretty decent and was wondering how the game fit into that and whether it was fun.

Thanks!

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I have not personally seen it but people I know have seen it and I have heard nothing but positive reviews.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Funny, Syfy just replayed it not to long ago. The show is pretty good so far, but as for the game I haven't heard to much about it.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I saw the pilot last night. First things first the main character is clearly Han Solo. I could not believe how blatant they were about it. He actually took the reward money and he left only to have a change of heart and come back to help. Despite that fact I did like him. He isn't going to win any father of year awards but he wasn't really meant to be a father. He is just a soldier that found himself in a situation where he made a choice to save a little girl. It could be because I like Han Solo but I do like this character and I am interested in seeing more of how they develop him.

They had a bit of a Romeo and Juliet plot going there as well. Two houses both alike in dignity in Defiance where they laid their scene. Ancient grudges broke to new mutiny as civil blood made civil hands unclean. So as not to completely rip off the plot they had Tibald die first and the completely omitted Mercutio.

While the visuals were pretty good we get treated to some of the worst dialogue there is. This is some of the banter in a scene where Tibalt threatens the Romeo character.

Tibalt: "Don't cut yourself with your knife."
    Romeo: "You are the one I am going to cut."

I couldn't help but think "Wow who the hell wrote that out and, how did it make it through production?" That is the kind of dialogue I would expect from 4th graders. Assuming they were fighting each other with knives.

Despite it's flaws I am willing to watch it a bit more. I don't see this reaching Star Trek levels of popularity but I didn't feel like I had lost my evening watching it. I did not feel that they were just trying to pad out the episodes either. The scenes all seem to matter and they for the most part push the story forward. Even if it is a story that was taken from somewhere else. I have a lot more than I could say but this is long enough as it is. One the whole I say it was an above average show and I give it a 6.5/10.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    The show is pretty good, so far two episodes out and its fairly interesting. but the game...totally a different story.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    I have to agree with Soldier...my wife and I watched the two episodes that are out so far today, and the show seems to have a lot going for it. A well conceptualized world, characters that are interesting enough for me to want to learn more about them, and an interesting world. But the writing...not so great. There appears to be some good acting talent in this show but not even they could pull off some of the stuff lines that they had to say. Hopefully that gets better as the show continues.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I saw the pilot last night. First things first the main character is clearly Han Solo. I could not believe how blatant they were about it. He actually took the reward money and he left only to have a change of heart and come back to help. Despite that fact I did like him. He isn't going to win any father of year awards but he wasn't really meant to be a father. He is just a soldier that found himself in a situation where he made a choice to save a little girl. It could be because I like Han Solo but I do like this character and I am interested in seeing more of how they develop him.

They had a bit of a Romeo and Juliet plot going there as well. Two houses both alike in dignity in Defiance where they laid their scene. Ancient grudges broke to new mutiny as civil blood made civil hands unclean. So as not to completely rip off the plot they had Tibald die first and the completely omitted Mercutio.

While the visuals were pretty good we get treated to some of the worst dialogue there is. This is some of the banter in a scene where Tibalt threatens the Romeo character.

Tibalt: "Don't cut yourself with your knife."
    Romeo: "You are the one I am going to cut."

I couldn't help but think "Wow who the hell wrote that out and, how did it make it through production?" That is the kind of dialogue I would expect from 4th graders. Assuming they were fighting each other with knives.

Despite it's flaws I am willing to watch it a bit more. I don't see this reaching Star Trek levels of popularity but I didn't feel like I had lost my evening watching it. I did not feel that they were just trying to pad out the episodes either. The scenes all seem to matter and they for the most part push the story forward. Even if it is a story that was taken from somewhere else. I have a lot more than I could say but this is long enough as it is. One the whole I say it was an above average show and I give it a 6.5/10.

Ok so glad I am not the only who saw Han Solo in the main character.... He even called her sweetheart lol... So far not to bad but I'm waiting to see where its going......
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I told my son that I felt it was like Star Wars on earth and he agreed (and thought it was really cool). I love the show, haven't tried the game. I have heard there are extra things added to the game based on what's happening in the show each week.